1. Massillon Museum | This FREE Art and history center reflects on the history of the City of Champions, but kids are sure to enjoy the Immel Circus Gallery, that showcases a 100-square foot miniature circus that contains over 2,620 pieces! The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30AM until 5PM and Sunday 2PM until 5PM.
2. Ohio Towpath & Erie Canal | Get out your bike and explore the 25-miles of the trail that wind through Stark County! Remember to a pack a picnic and make a day out of the exploration with the kids.
3. Hoover Historical Center | Featuring the boyhood home of the Hoover Company founder Wm Henry “Boss” Hoover—this museum starts with a guided tour with the evolution of cleaning devices, vintage ads, interactive exhibits, and a display of Hoover products from the first to current! Tours are given hourly Thursday through Saturday from 1PM until 4PM.
4. The Wilderness Center | Enjoy over 10-miles of hiking trails that include an old growth forest, a pond, look-out tower and prairies. Kids will love the animal observation center and bring a lunch to enjoy at one of the picnic shelters. Building is open Tuesday through Saturday 9AM until 5PM and Sunday 1PM until 5PM. Trails are open from Dawn until Dusk every day.
5. Harry London Chocolates/Fannie May Confections | Kids will love being surrounded by the smell of chocolate and tasting samples! Free chocolate tours are offered Monday through Thursday from 10AM until 4PM on the hour—where guests will get to explore the factory from high above the production floor and finish at the 5,000 square foot retail store!
6. Canton Museum of Art | Enjoy Free Thursdays at the Canton Museum of Art! Explore Ohio’s premier location for visual arts and engage in the “Visions” Art Exhibition featuring artists from the Canton Artists League. The museum is open Thursdays from 10AM until 8PM.
7. Cache4Coins Geo Tour | Take the kids out and travel to peaceful reservoirs, stop by tasty and artsy attractions, and expose yourselves to local history! Kids will be thrilled to find the hidden, and not so hidden, treasures at each location, and after you find 17 out of the 20 locations earn a commemorative coin!