Welcome Industry Partners!
Click below to sign in or to register for a free industry partner account.
Visit Canton's mission is to attract and engage visitors, engage regional tourism partners, and to generate economic development through travel and tourism development. Tourism is a $1.7 Billion industry in Stark County. Tourism contributes to the quality of life, job market, and local tax base generating $36,760,320 in local taxes and supporting 1 in 13 full-time jobs in Stark County. Learn More
COVID-19 and the Tourism Industry
Visit Canton is making every effort to stay informed on relevant updates regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We will work to share pertinent information and resources with you, and the team at Visit Canton is available to serve as a resource for your business.
5 PROTOCOLS FOR ALL BUSINESSES:
- No mask, no work, no service, no exception. Require face coverings for employees and clients/customers at all times.
- Conduct daily health assessments by employers and employees (self-evaluation) to determine if “fit for duty.”
- Maintain good hygiene at all times – hand washing, sanitizing, and social distancing.
- Clean and sanitize workplaces throughout the workday and at the close of business or between shifts.
- Limit capacity to meet social distancing guidelines. Establish maximum capacity at 50% of fire code, and use appointment setting where possible to limit congestion.
REOPENING RESOURCES AND GUIDELINES
- International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions | Reopening Guidance for the Attractions Industry
- Ohio Department of Health | Sector-Specific Operating Requirements
- U.S. Travel Association | Industry Guidance Promoting the Health and Safety of All Travelers
- Ohio Museums Association | "Open to the Public" Guideline Considerations
- Ecolab's "Resuming Operations in a COVID-19 Era" | Cleaning and disinfection guidance for hospitality.
- American Hotel & Lodging Association "Safe Stay" | Industry-wide Hotel Cleaning Standards
PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATION
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Ohio Department of Health | COVID-19 Resources and Information
- Stark County Health Department | Community Updates
RELIEF AND RECOVERY RESOURCES
- Ohio Development Services Agency | Office of Small Business Relief
- U.S. Travel Association | CARES Act Resource Guide and Industry Economic Impact Analysis
- U.S. Small Business Administration | Coronavirus Relief Funding Options
- Ohio Travel Association | COVID-19 Resources and Information
- Ohio Department of Insurance | Health Insurance Coverage Flexibility for Employers Bulletin
- Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation | Payment Deferment
- Federal Income Tax | Tax Extension Information
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services | COVID-19 and Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Children of Restaurant Employees COREgives.org | Support for children of food and beverage service employees
- USBG National Charity Foundation | Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Liquor Buy-Back | 877-812-0013 Return unopened high-proof liquor to the agency where it was purchased. Details of the buy-back of liquor purchased in the last 30 days can be found by calling.
- Grantmakers in the Arts | COVID-19 and Arts Funding List of resources for the arts and culture sector.
REBOOK GROUPS & EVENTS IN STARK COUNTY
- Re-book groups and events if possible. If you cannot accommodate a group or event at your venue, please let Visit Canton help.
- Contact Mary Vlahos at email@example.com so that we can help groups and events find alternative options while keeping the business here in Stark County.
- Visit Canton has an Event Support Grant system currently in place. We hope this will be an incentive for organizations to re-book their event in 2020. Please have Group organizers contact Mary Vlahos to apply for an event grant. Qualifying events would utilize blocks of 50 hotel rooms or more in Stark County in 2020. All group contact and event information will remain confidential and not shared with other properties. These are and will remain, your clients.
VISIT CANTON IS HERE TO SPREAD THE WORD:
Please let Allison Rowe know if you have special promotions to share. AllisonR@VisitCanton.com
VISIT CANTON CANCELLATIONS & UPDATES:
- Downtown Canton Visitor Information Center: Closed
- Pigskin Pals Program: The Spring Break 2020 promotional period is suspended effective immediately. Registration is still open for future promotional periods. The Summer Break promotional period is scheduled to begin on June 29th.
- STAR Sessions - Postponed to 2021
- Visit Canton Sales Mission to Columbus: Rescheduled from May 13 to July 16
Spring/Summer Event Guide
Due to mandatory event cancellations, we have decided to eliminate the printed Spring/Summer Event Guide.
Visit Canton Staff: Many of the Visit Canton staff members are working remotely from home. Please see our staff listing if you need assistance in contacting us via email. We are also checking our voicemails regularly and using cell phones to respond to your calls. Visit Canton Staff Listing
Related Blog Posts
05/12/2020 6:19PM CDT
May 2020 - Many in the Stark County community are being recognized for their leadership amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Local business leaders have been featured in local news, tapped to participate on task forces for state and industry, and highlighted in the national news for their expertise and innovations.Read More