Are you ready for an exciting First Friday in the Downtown Canton? 22 chalk artists will cover the Canton Arts District in unique art. There will be a few select maker vendors, food trucks, and take home activities for kids. Social distancing is of utmost importance and masks are strongly encouraged. Outdoor activities will be from 6PM-9PM this month.
- Curbside pick-up of the Summer 2020 Pigskin's Pals Coupons will be at the Visit Canton Visitors Infomation Center at 227 2nd Street NW from 6PM until 8PM.
- LeCola's (512 5th St NW) All natural & essential care products giveaways, demonstrations, and refreshments!
- Grapes in a Glass (575 Market Ave N) First Friday Live! Enjoy our Pitcher of Cava Sangria or Our new Strawberry gin and tonic straight from Spain! Our jumbo pretzel and flatbread pizzas are a must have while you enjoy teen musician , Isabella Curet 5-7 followed by her father , Julian Curet 7-10! 30 minute call ahead seating reservations will be taken!!!
- Gator's Joint will do a scavenger hunt on first Friday with an Ohio lottery prize of instant tickets worth $40.
- Fromage Du Monde (340 4th St NW) Grab & Go Charcuterie Cones Outside Seating
- Boomdyada (332 4th St NW) Terrarium kits and Make-n-Takes on the street.
- Juilliard 3rd Space Gallery (600 Market Ave N) Battle of the Chalk will be happening in the Gallery parking lot. Chalk and a socially distanced space will be provided. Judging occurs in three age categories: 11 and under, 12 to 17, and 18 and over. $100 CASH PRIZE per age category. There is no theme but work should be family-friendly and no political statements. Chalking starts at 5 and ends at 7. Judging occurs at 7:30. No cost to participate.
- Lynda Tuttle’s Art Center (209 6th St NW) Celebrate summer outside with us. Support the arts through our sidewalk sale and live music from Cody Martin.
- The Hub Art Factory (336 6th St NW) will be hosting an art sale in the gallery 5-10pm along with chalk drawings, murals, and other fun outdoor activities.
- Cantonology (306 4th St. NE) Stop by for a sidewalk sale, lots of new products, tote bags galore and a take-home free kids’ craft kit. Plus, a 20% off sale on selected items.
- Print & Press Shop & Studios (429 4th Street NW) is happy to be open for a socially-distanced First Friday! Come and see all the new goods we've been working on during the quarantine! Shop new and discounted tees, tanks and other summertime apparel from Little Chicago Clothing Co. Shop cards, handmade candles, jewelry and gifts from more than 30 midwest makers. And don't miss a printing demonstration from Letterpress Jess and Big Sal, the vintage letterpress printing press, from 7-9 p.m.
- Canton Palace Theatre (parking lot at 306 Market Ave. N) Join us at the Canton Palace Theatre parking lot for our drive in movie, “The Secret Life of Pets 2” at sunset! Passes and concessions are available for purchase through the Canton Palace Theatre website. Don’t wait – space is limited!
- The Canton Brewing Company will have a Dora distribution point on our new patio on 3rd street.
- Daniel Beule is going to have the grand opening of his new art studio “The Grizzye Art Gallery” at 309 Court Avenue. He is going to have a book signing for his new book “The Book of Tyme”.
- Buzzbin Art & Music Shop (331 Cleveland Ave NW) Buzzbin presents Stillborn Prodigy's Fluorescent First Friday and CD Release show. The show is a ticketed event. Must have a ticket to enter mainstage area. Other areas within Buzzbin will be open to staff. Garage door of Frankenstein Records on 4th Street will have beer sales, with DORA cups, weather permitting.
- Just Imagine Gift Gallery (201 6th St. NW) New artwork and clothing!
Join the party and make Canton First Friday part of your weekend in the Canton Arts District from 6-9 p.m. Download the map, plus additional details you may need at www.cantonfirstfriday.com. First Friday is brought to you by the Downtown Special Improvement District and, of course, ArtsinStark.