First Friday is brought to you by ArtsinStark. Social distancing and masks are required! Looking for more places to make a dinner reservation or grab a drink? Explore all of the Downtown Canton restaurants here.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5:
- Cantonology (306 4th St. NW) Celebrate love and light with a sale on heart shaped magnets, bracelets, pins, necklaces and more. Free “take and make” Valentine’s Day card kits. Show your love for Canton!
- Canton Museum of Art (1001 Market Ave North) The Canton Museum of Art will be open from 10AM-8PM offering FREE admission with reserved timed tickets. Reserve yours now at cantonart.org/reservetickets. First Friday will be the kick-off for our month long community art project, Project Bloom. Stop by the CMA and pick up your free flower art kit! Learn more at cantonart.org/cmaprojectbloom.
- Lynda Tuttle’s Art Center (209 6th St NW) Photo Contest: Bring your cameras for some fun photo ops with Bumble & all the snowmen in LTAC’s windows. Submit your photos to @lyndatuttlesart on FB or Instagram, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance at winning one of the snowmen on display.
- Print & Press Shop & Studios (429 4th Street NW) will be open for a socially-distanced First Friday from 6-9 p.m. This month, the shop is featuring special Valentine's gift deals. Shop apparel, cards, handmade candles, jewelry, and gifts from more than 30 midwest makers. Plus, get your print-on-demand Little Chicago Clothing custom apparel and don't miss the live vintage letterpress printing demo from Letterpress Jess and Big Sal until 8 p.m.
- Fromage du Monde (340 4th St NW) is featuring the “Taste the Light” charcuterie box for one. It’s a great Grab n Go option when you’re bundled up and on foot. $8each!
- Miss Larana's will be offering her Bath Orbs at a buy one, get one from 6-9pm. She has also invented 4 new products which will be available : Miss Larana's Hard Working Hands Rub - (that deeply conditions and alleviates pain), Miss Larana's Deep Wrinkle Rub, Miss Larana's Beard Rub ( that conditions and softens the beard) and Beard On ( an essential oil roll on for your5 o'clock shadow or full beard). As always everything is organic, fairly priced and made right here!
- The Nutty Italian (309 Cleveland Ave NW) Empower 330 and Heart of Haven Entertainment Featuring: Poetic Nights by Blak Reign Ced Foster. Live performance by Sunyata Abstracts (Art by: Mx Hollow Yancey). Also showcasing art by: Hollow of Sunyata Abstracts and Errick Freeman. Speaker: “Peace and Empowerment: a Story Surrounding Rwanda, Africa” by Pacifique Rwigema Poetic Performances: Skylark Bruce, Jamie Nyennoh Konmlan Keaton. Special musical performance by Unique Spencer. No cover. Come get a bite to eat and enjoy the entertainment. Donations appreciated.
CANTON LIGHT FESTIVAL:
Illumination, the Canton Light Festival, will be on view every Friday and Saturday night in January and February, kicking off on New Year's Day, Friday, January 1st. All of the 8 official Illumination locations will feature light shows, projection mapping, or art installations on display each evening from 6 to 9 p.m.
Get the Illumination Path mobile passport. Use it to navigate and check-in at each of the locations anytime during Illumination, and be entered to win an overnight getaway to Gervasi Vineyard. Plus, use the mobile passport to redeem special deals and discounts at participating businesses.