First Friday is brought to you by ArtsinStark. Social distancing and masks are required! Looking for more places to make a dinner reservation or grab a drink? Explore all of the Downtown Canton restaurants here.
FRIDAY, APRIL 2:
- Canton Palace Theatre (605 Market Ave. N) Head down the bunny trail to the theatre to see the movie “Hop” on the big screen at 7:30pm! Tickets must be reserved by calling 330.454.8172.
- Hub Art Factory (336 6th St. NW) "Turn and Face the Strange: A Visual Celebration of David Bowie" (curated by Dan Kane) with new Bowie-themed artwork by 21 of the area's top artists, 6 to 10 p.m. at The Hub.
- Grizzye Art Gallery (309 Court Ave NW) will have live painting by artist Grizzye and selling prints/toys created by the artist.
- Miss Larana's Alchemical Apothecary (334 4th St NW) It's April and everything is growing, why not your hair! We will be featuring our Ancient Egyptian Hair Tonic, Hair Rub and Marula Hair Oil this First Friday. Get all 3 for $15. We make all our products here with 100% organic ingredients. We also have custom essential oil blends ranging from $1-$8. Stop by and get acquainted with our shop and products and ask for a card for a complimentary custom facial masque.
- Print & Press Shop & Studios (429 4th Street NW) will be open from 6-9 p.m. Shop apparel, cards, handmade candles, jewelry, and gifts from more than 30 midwest makers. Plus, get your print-on-demand Little Chicago Clothing custom apparel and don't miss the live vintage letterpress printing demo from Letterpress Jess and Big Sal until 8 p.m.
- 330 Bar & Grill (320 Market Ave S- Inside of the DoubleTree by Hilton) will feature a live acoustic performance by The Shootouts ( Ryan Humbert & Brian Poston) 6:00pm – 9:00pm. Recognize World Autism Awareness Day by wearing blue and receive a specialty treat from Hazel & Rye Artisan Baking Company. *First 50 people. The students at the Golden Key Center for Exceptional Children will help to “Paint the Town” by providing artwork for display and purchase in the DoubleTree lobby.
- Buzzbin (331 Cleveland Ave NW) 8pm show Outdated View, Slap Fiasco, Samantha Morrow, and Wastoidz
- Grapes in a Glass (575 Market Ave N) is Painting the town! Try one of our artist inspired specialty cocktails Sparkling Raspberry, Frida Margarita or the Bad Apple Sangria. Chef Jess is preparing amazing Shrimp Ta-Goghs with fresh made mango Salsa! So good Van Gogh would be impressed! Bret Kuhnash live 8-11.
- Just Imagine Gift Gallery (201 Sixth St NW) Visit in store for NEW spring décor, jewelry, and breathtaking upcycled shoe art pieces! All items are hand crafted by adult artisans with developmental disabilities. A portion of all sales are paid directly to the individual artists.
- Vital Arts (324 Cleveland Ave NW) Featured artist Lizzi Aronhalt displays her new series of recent works titled “Somewhere” created during the covid-19 pandemic. Comet Wanderer Studios presents “The Consequence of Sound”, an interactive projection art exhibit on the main level gallery, and you can visit The CUT Cinema downstairs to see independent film from 6-10pm
- Eric Snow YMCA (420 3rd St NW) Join us for an Egg Hunt (6pm) around the YMCA, painting your own eggs and meet the Easter Bunny! $10/family for Y members, $15/family community members