First Friday is brought to you by ArtsinStark. Outdoor Canton First Fridays are back!
AUGUST: WELCOME TO CANTON
View the Map
FRIDAY, AUGUST 6:
- Canton Centennial Plaza (300 Market Ave. N) Kick off the weekend with a celebration in Centennial Plaza featuring music at 4PM for Saxy Rob. Then stay all night with live music beginning at 6PM from Trailer Park Nijas & Swagg.
- Canton Palace Theatre (605 Market Avenue N) will feature the film: Draft Day (2014) Doors Open: 6:30pm Movie Begins: 7:30pm Movie Rated: PG-13 Admission: $2
- Boomdyada (332 4th St. NW) Make -n-Take - Aquatic Eco-System Necklaces. $10/$20
- Vital Arts (324 Cleveland Ave NW) Featured artist Ashley Palmer presents Perspective, an exhibition exploring the multidimensionality of the human experience. The Gallery will be open from 6-10pm where you can also pose with the new Selfie Spot Art Installations created by artists Makaila Davenport, David Sherrill, Joanne Schempp, BZ Tat, Stephen Tornero, and the Just Imagine Gift Gallery artists.
- Crossroads United Methodist Church (120 Cleveland Avenue SW) Music That's Out of This World at 7PM. Enjoy a free one-hour musical concert presented by Crossroads United Methodist Church and organist Christopher Dazey of interstellar music from film, television and the symphonic repertoire played on the church’s historic and magnificent Aeolian-Skinner-Kegg 79-rank pipe organ. Music will be featured from Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica and other movies and television shows by composers such as John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Gustav Holst and more.
- BZTAT Studios located in the new Vital Arts Gallery at 324 Cleveland Ave. NW. See BZTAT’s “Blue Cat Group” mural and take a selfie! See new paintings from BZTAT’s Urban Wildlife series as well.
- Gator's Joint - Downtown's Funniest Gift Shop (235 Cleveland Ave NW) Large Sidewalk Sale. Free Ceramic Centennial Plaza Canton Coaster with $25.00 purchase. Free Ceramic Centennial Plaza Canton Coffee Mug with $50.00 purchase. Centennial Plaza Canton Decals $3.99.
- Grapes in a Glass (575 Market ave. N) Welcome to Canton! Enjoy lite bites and craft cocktails, over 50 beers or over 80 wines by the glass while relaxing in our art gallery. Grab our "Charcuterie Cone to go" to browse the downtown and enjoy a special Dora drink to go, "Buy One get a double for only 1/2 more". Applies to most wines and cocktails! Live music with Bret Kuhnash 7-11 pm! Cheers!
- Samantha's Downtown (217 Market Ave N) will be open until 10 serving delicious dinner and Happy hour pricing all day!! Proud to Announce "Rae's On Court" the old "Pit" will be open downstairs; entrance off of Court Ave. We're Celebrating our Soft Grand Opening with Karaoke and $2 Twisted Teas! Check out one of NE Ohio's largest Collections of rare and single-barreled Bourbons and Whiskeys!!!!
- Miss Larana's Alchemical Apothecary (334 4th St. NW) This month featuring our new face and body Beauty Bars ($1/each), our natural organic sunscreen Sun Harmony ($8), and Bugs Off! ($3/$6), an organic essential oil spray or roll-on. Ask for a coupon for a buy a custom organic facial cream($8), get the next months free!
- Just Imagine Gift Gallery (201 Sixth St NW) Visit in store for a celebration of Canton featuring new artworks that celebrate and welcome people to Canton. All items sold at Just Imagine are hand crafted by adult artisans with developmental disabilities. A portion of all sales are paid directly to the individual artists.
- Cantonology (306 4th St. NW) Welcome to Canton! Cantonology is ALL ABOUT Canton! Big summer sale on all Canton-themed items. New items, plus fun free make and take crafts for kids and adults. Everyone needs a little more Canton in their life!
- Print & Press Shop & Studios (429 4th Street NW) will be open from 6-9 p.m. Stop in to you Hometown Headquarters for all things Canton! Take 20% off all Little Chicago apparel and shop huge summer-style sales. Meet Big Sal the letterpress printing press for a printing demonstration and grab a free card fresh off the press! Plus, candles, jewelry, and gifts from more than 30 midwest makers.
- Fromage du Monde (340 4th St NW) will be providing a limited menu of food offerings, a Signature Cocktail " The Touchdown" and a dessert item. Our curio Dining Room will be open to the general public for shopping and dining.
- Happy Pappys Action Figure Extravaganza (135 6th St NW) Presents actor Sam Jones from the 1980s iconic movie Flash Gordon and Ted. He’ll be taking pictures and signing autographs from 5pm-9pm. Fee $40 per autograph or Selfie and $60 for the "Combo Package" See you there!
Looking for places to make a dinner reservation or grab a drink? Explore all of the Downtown Canton restaurants here. Did you know that Downtown Canton has a DORA (Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area) that you can take your drinks to-go to enjoy shopping, live music and more on the streets?