Canton First Friday Map February 2022
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 4:
- 3RD SPACE GALLERY (600 Market Ave, N): Gallery show “Picking up the Pieces” including an in-person art demo by artist Kathy Pugh. 5:30 to 8pm. Light refreshments served.
- BZTAT STUDIOS (209 6th Street NW): Sneak Peek! Come visit the all-new BZTAT STUDIO It’s a work in progress - See us as we develop the new studio into a fun entertainment venue! Animal Art by BZTAT on display.
- BUZZBIN ART & MUSIC SHOP (339 Cleveland Ave. NW): Free First Friday Banger show at BuzzBin Art and Music Shop. 8pm Mike W Dennis| 9pm Skeptic Lens | 10pm Until D3ath| 11pm Blasphemous Blessings
- CANTON BREWING COMPANY (20 3rd St., NW): Winter Concert Series Live in the Speakeasy: Paul & Doug Duo 7-10pm
- CANTON MUSEUM OF ART (1001 Market Ave. N) February’s First Friday will be the kick off to “The ArtChemist Project.” A community based, month-long art project and installation based off of “One Ball Total Equilibrium Tank” by Jeff Koons, on loan from Art Bridges for CMA’s current “POP!” exhibit. “The ArtChemist Project” is designed to explore what happens when chemistry and art collide. Create your own art piece: Visitors can pick up a “The ArtChemist Project” packet that includes instructions and materials to create their very own scientific art piece. All completed works can be returned to CMA throughout the month of February to be added to the installation (display) in CMA’s lobby. “The ArtChemist Project” packets will be on a first come, first served basis. Limited quantities available
- CANTON PALACE THEATRE House of Gucci, part of our Award Nominated Film Series. Doors Open: 6:30pm Movie Begins: 7:30pm 2 hours 38 minutes Rated: R Admission: $7 per person. Tickets are available in advance at www.cantonpalacetheatre.org AND at the door starting at 6:30pm on Friday, February 4.
- CANTONOLOGY (306 4th St. NW): Hop into Cantonology and shop for fun Canton-themed items! Show your love for everything Canton! New items, plus free Valentine themed make and take crafts for everyone! Also, check in with “Freeda’s Footsteps” and see what she’s been up to, and where she’s going next.
- CARPE DIEM (215 Market Avenue, North): On display: art work from the Canton Academy K - 3rd grades
- COOKIE'S CUSTOM TEES AND MORE (10 4th St., NW): Huge Valentine’s Day sale such as gift baskets and small. Valentine’s Day gift for kids as well. All coffee mugs are 50% off
- GATOR’S JOINT (235 Cleveland Ave NW): Large valentines Day basket giveaway! Tons of special sales and free hot chocolate for our customers.
- GRAPES IN A GLASS (575 Market Ave. N): Live Music by Mark Loy 7-11 pm. 20% Off all Canvas art! Had your eye on art not yet printed on the big screen? Take 10% off special orders. 10% off all stained glass over $100. Drink Specials “Forget me not Sangria” (Salvador Dali) and “Cherry Pomegranate Spritzer” (Georgia O’Keeffe).
- JOHN STRAUSS FURNITURE (236 Walnut Ave. NE): Gallery show of works by Canton artist, Heather Bullach. 6pm-9pm. Refreshments will be served.
- JOHNNY LOOKOUT'S PIZZA TAVERN MUSIC LOUNGE (309 Cleveland Ave. NE): Every First Friday and for Special events we feature a live broadcast from NEOPA Community Radio 102.5. spinning vinyl records and doing interviews.
- JUST IMAGINE GIFT GALLERY (201 6th St NW): Join Just Imagine for the unveiling of our Master’s Mash-Up collection, featuring unique designs “mashed” with elements inspired by images seen in master artworks! Plus, enjoy FREE grab and go make and take kits the entire family will enjoy! All items sold at Just Imagine are hand crafted by adult artisans with developmental disabilities. A portion of all sales are paid directly to the individual artists.
- THE HUB ART FACTORY (336 6th St NW): Whoops! What’s happened at the Hub Art Factory this month!? Teeny tiny art works straight from the imagination of local sculpture Artist, Erika Katherine. An exhibition filled of all the small things –– miniatures no bigger than your thumb. “Honey, I Shrunk My Art Show!” 6-11pm
- KOLP'S ATTIC (318 Cleveland Ave. with entrance at Court Ave.): In studio, live weaving demonstrations happening all night! Homemade tote bags and wall hangings for sale.
- PRINT & PRESS (429 4th St. NW): We will be open from 6-9 p.m. Stop in and fall in love with tons of cozy Valentine’s Day-inspired styles from Little Chicago Clothing — at very special prices. Plus, shop handmade gifts and goods from more than 30 midwest makers.
- R & J BALLROOM (401 Tuscarawas St. Suite 302): Free private ballroom lessons at the studio from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. - No partner needed
- SILO ARTS STUDIO (431 4th St. NW): Arrowhead Dave show extended! Solo show of the incredible and beloved David Sherrill. On display will be Altered Art, merch, Art Hole props and more! 5:30- 9:30pm
Looking for places to make a dinner reservation or grab a drink? Explore all of the Downtown Canton restaurants here. Did you know that Downtown Canton has a DORA (Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area) where you can take your drinks to-go to enjoy shopping, live music, and more on the streets?
Looking for more information about how you can become a vendor at Canton First Friday or your business can showcase a special offer? Explore cantonfirstfriday.com or email email@example.com.