Are you ready for an exciting First Friday in the Downtown Canton Arts District? 2020 begins with a blaze of fire and the glaze of ice at Canton First Friday: Fire and Ice! Guests will enjoy live sculpting demonstrations at 6:30pm and 8:30pm. The fire and ice tower, a blazing torch encased within a massive, carved ice block, will be lit at 7:30pm. Throughout the night, Fire and Ice visitors will enjoy free events, exhibitions, and special First Friday shopping deals.
- Make sure to stop by the Visit Canton Visitors Information Center to pick-up a First Friday Map, Ice Carving Map, or your Winter Break Fun Pigskin's Pals Coupons!
- Canton Palace Theatre (605 Market Ave N) First Friday Family Movie is Happy Feet. Movie starts at 7:30 and admission is free!
- Modern Ritual (326 Cleveland Ave NW) will be offering any piece with a genuine diamond at 15% off. This includes special orders and in stock items!
- See the spectacular photography of Steve McCurry, expanding the entire length of his career, at The Joseph Saxton Gallery of Photography, 520 Cleveland Avenue N.W. Both his book, A Life in Pictures, and his photographs are on sale at the gallery.
- Buzzbin Art & Music Shop (331 Cleveland Ave NW Canton, OH 44702) FREE SHOW: Divorce Horse/ Vollstin/ Hexum
- Pinetree Primitives & Rustic Riches (334 4th St NW) New Year, New Scent? Stop in an grab 4 of our small wax melts for only $5! If you can’t decide on the perfect scent, try out a few to see which one you like best. Or get one for each season.
- Grapes in a Glass (575 Market Ave N) will warm you up with our signature Hot cocktails, from Hot Toddy to Hot Mulled Wine! Check out the newest wines in 2020 as well as over 50 beer choices, 30+ Bourbons and our new appetizers and dessert menu!
- Canton Museum of Art (1001 Market Ave. N) Artisan Boutique Bonanza. CMA's Artisan Boutique wants to celebrate the New Year with you from 6-8PM on January's First Friday! Enjoy LIVE demonstrations from featured artists who create unique, hand-made goods for our Artisan Boutique, FREE admission, special discounts, a cash bar and more! Suitable for all ages!
- Cantonology (306 4th St. NW) Start the year off right with the first sale of 2020! All holiday themed items on sale, plus a sale on cup coozies and fleece scarves to keep you warm. Snow and ice themed make-and-take crafts for kids (and the young at heart.)
- Show off your love of local goods with a stop at your hometown headquarters: Print & Press Shop & Studios (429 4th Street NW)! Shop cozy cold weather styles from Little Chicago Clothing Co., fresh greetings and gifts from Letterpress Jess, and handmade candles, knitwear, jewelry and gifts from more than 30 midwest makers. And don't miss a printing demonstration from Letterpress Jess and Big Sal, the vintage letterpress printing press, from 7-9 p.m.
- Avenue Arts Marketplace and Theatre (324 Cleveland Ave NW) Innominate exhibition opening located on the 2nd floor of Avenue Arts features work by photographer Sari Oister; "We are nothing but membranes experiencing the waves of dying planets."
- Boomdyada (332 4th St. NW) Make-n-Take Glow-in-the Dark Marimo necklaces.
Join the party and make Canton First Friday part of your weekend in the Canton Arts District from 6-10 p.m. Download the map, plus additional details you may need at www.cantonfirstfriday.com. First Friday is brought to you by the Downtown Special Improvement District and, of course, ArtsinStark.