Things to Do and Places to Eat During the Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy
Jul 01, 2019
Got the #CalltotheHall and are now on your way to Canton, Ohio to cheer on your favorite athletes?
We have the inside scoop on where to visit, spend your free time, and where to eat!
Places to Visit
- Hanging out at Pro Football Hall of Fame National Youth Football & Sports Complex in between practices and games? The Pro Football Hall of Fame is right next door and this is a MUST DO while you are here.
- Have history buff friends and family coming to cheer you on? The McKinley National Museum & Presidential Library, National First Ladies Library, and Canton Classic Car Museum—are all located in Downtown Canton and will entertain all ages.
- Are you an art lover? Make sure to stop by the Canton Museum of Art and explore the Canton Arts District. Pick up a pocket map at any of the Downtown Canton businesses and explore all of the public art, including the six completed pieces of The Eleven.
- Kids coming and looking for something fun to do to entertain them? Take them to SkyZone Trampoline Park, SkyMax Trampoline Arena, or Ninja Hub Gym to release their energy or head to Exploration Gateway for a beautiful outdoor adventure! For all of those gamers -- let's not forget at Crit Hit Gaming to play your favorite video games.
- Soak up the sun, enjoy the beaches, and the waterparks that Stark County has to offer. Clay’s Park Resort in North Lawrence or Baylor Beach in Beach City both offer day passes for sand beaches, waterpark activities, and other activities including volleyball, mini golf, and snack stands. Enjoy a day pass for swimming or Akron/Canton Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in Uniontown.
- Challenge family and friends to a round of mini golf, Go Karts, or hit up the batting cages. Sluggers & Putters in Canal Fulton offers mini-golf, Go Karts, rock walls, bumper boats, classic amusement park rides, and batting cages.
- Love to shop? Belden Village Mall has all of your favorite stores in a one stop shop or if you want a unique shopping experience—head to Hartville and experience the Hartville MarketPlace & Flea Market, Hartville Hardware, and the Hartville Kitchen.
- Escape Room Downtown is the perfect team-building exercise before you swim a relay! Book your game today and be introduced to an escape room experience like no other.
- Wind down from an exciting day by visiting Gervasi Vineyard for wine, spirits, dinner, and to explore the beauty of the property. Yes, Gervasi Vineyard is KID-FRIENDLY!
- Check out the full event calendar for special events that are happening throughout the days you are here!
Places to Eat
Just a few of our favorite must-have's while in Canton:
- Bender's Tavern: Canton's oldest restaurant, seafood is delivered fresh daily, searving the finest strip steaks, filet's and ribeye, and you have to asked for the Bender's Fries to accompany your meal
- Deli Ohio: Features farm to table fare located in the heart of downtown Canton
- Taggarts Ice Cream: Classic ice cream parlor established in 1926 serving frozen treats plus sandwiches and soups
- BAM Healthy Cuisine: Enjoy a flatbread pizza, sandwiches or delicious smoothies
- Desert Inn: This Middle Eastern restaurant offers casual, family-style dining
- George’s Lounge: You wouldn’t believe a dive bar would be on the healthy eats list, but their burgers are made with all local grassfed beef and are cooked in healthier real fats! Delicious!
- Kennedy's Barbecue: Landmark sandwich shop featuring on-premise smoked meats and traditonal homemade relish
- Basil Asian Bistro: They have the best sushi in town and are located in the heart of downtown
- Table Six Bar + Kitchen: California vibe with gastropub food that is absolutely perfect for sharing
- The Crush House at Gervasi: Enjoy casual Venetian-style dinners, food and wine pairings, signature cocktails, craft beers and so much more!
- Hartville Kitchen: Enjoy delicious homestyle cooking, including broasted chicken, roast beef, turkey, and let's not forget about the PIE!
- There are so many delicious restaurants to explore here in Stark County! Check out even more of them here.
Also featured in the Blog
Pro Football Hall of Fame
2121 George Halas Dr. NW Canton, Ohio 44708 (330) 456-8207 Website
Pro Football Hall of Fame2121 George Halas Dr. NW
Canton, Ohio 44708
McKinley Presidential Library & Museum
800 McKinley Monument Dr. NW Canton, Ohio 44708 (330) 455-7043 Website
McKinley Presidential Library & Museum800 McKinley Monument Dr. NW
Canton, Ohio 44708
First Ladies National Historic Site
205 Market Ave. S Canton, Ohio 44702 (330) 452-0876 Website
First Ladies National Historic Site205 Market Ave. S
Canton, Ohio 44702
Canton Museum of Art
1001 Market Ave. N Canton, Ohio 44702 (330) 453-7666 Website
Canton Museum of Art1001 Market Ave. N
Canton, Ohio 44702
Clay’s Resort Jellystone Park
13190 Patterson St. NW North Lawrence, Ohio 44666 (330) 854-6691 Website
Clay's Resort Jellystone Park13190 Patterson St. NW
North Lawrence, Ohio 44666
Baylor Beach Park- Water Park & Campground
8777 Manchester Ave. SW Navarre, Ohio 44662 (330) 767-3031 Website
Baylor Beach Park- Water Park & Campground8777 Manchester Ave. SW
Navarre, Ohio 44662
Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort: Akron-Canton
12712 Hoover Ave. NW Uniontown, Ohio 44685 (330) 877-9800 Website
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort: Akron-Canton12712 Hoover Ave. NW
Uniontown, Ohio 44685
Belden Village Mall
4230 Belden Village Mall Canton, Ohio 44718 (330) 494-8815 Website
Belden Village Mall4230 Belden Village Mall
Canton, Ohio 44718