Places to Visit
- Hanging out at Pro Football Hall of Fame National Youth Football & Sports Complex in between practices and games? The Pro Football Hall of Fame is right next door and this is a MUST DO while you are here.
- Have history buff friends and family coming to cheer you on? The McKinley National Museum & Presidential Library, National First Ladies Library, and Canton Classic Car Museum—are all located in Downtown Canton and will entertain all ages.
- Are you an art lover? Make sure to stop by the Canton Museum of Art and explore the Canton Arts District. Pick up a pocket map at any of the Downtown Canton businesses and explore all of the public art, including the six completed pieces of The Eleven.
- Kids coming and looking for something fun to do to entertain them? Take them to SkyZone Trampoline Park, SkyMax Trampoline Arena, or Ninja Hub Gym to release their energy or head to Exploration Gateway for a beautiful outdoor adventure! For all of those gamers -- let's not forget at Crit Hit Gaming to play your favorite video games.
- Soak up the sun, enjoy the beaches, and the waterparks that Stark County has to offer. Clay’s Park Resort in North Lawrence or Baylor Beach in Beach City both offer day passes for sand beaches, waterpark activities, and other activities including volleyball, mini golf, and snack stands. Enjoy a day pass for swimming or Akron/Canton Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in Uniontown.
- Challenge family and friends to a round of mini golf, Go Karts, or hit up the batting cages. Sluggers & Putters in Canal Fulton offers mini-golf, Go Karts, rock walls, bumper boats, classic amusement park rides, and batting cages.
- Love to shop? Belden Village Mall has all of your favorite stores in a one stop shop or if you want a unique shopping experience—head to Hartville and experience the Hartville MarketPlace & Flea Market, Hartville Hardware, and the Hartville Kitchen.
- Escape Room Downtown is the perfect team-building exercise before you swim a relay! Book your game today and be introduced to an escape room experience like no other.
- Wind down from an exciting day by visiting Gervasi Vineyard for wine, spirits, dinner, and to explore the beauty of the property. Yes, Gervasi Vineyard is KID-FRIENDLY!
Places to Eat
Just a few of our favorite must-have's while in Canton:
- Bender's Tavern: Canton's oldest restaurant, seafood is delivered fresh daily, searving the finest strip steaks, filet's and ribeye, and you have to asked for the Bender's Fries to accompany your meal
- Deli Ohio: Features farm to table fare located in the heart of downtown Canton
- Taggarts Ice Cream: Classic ice cream parlor established in 1926 serving frozen treats plus sandwiches and soups
- BAM Healthy Cuisine: Enjoy a flatbread pizza, sandwiches or delicious smoothies
- Desert Inn: This Middle Eastern restaurant offers casual, family-style dining
- George’s Lounge: You wouldn’t believe a dive bar would be on the healthy eats list, but their burgers are made with all local grassfed beef and are cooked in healthier real fats! Delicious!
- Kennedy's Barbecue: Landmark sandwich shop featuring on-premise smoked meats and traditonal homemade relish
- Basil Asian Bistro: They have the best sushi in town and are located in the heart of downtown
- Table Six Bar + Kitchen: California vibe with gastropub food that is absolutely perfect for sharing
- The Crush House at Gervasi: Enjoy casual Venetian-style dinners, food and wine pairings, signature cocktails, craft beers and so much more!
- Hartville Kitchen: Enjoy delicious homestyle cooking, including broasted chicken, roast beef, turkey, and let's not forget about the PIE!
There are so many delicious restaurnts to explore here in Stark County! Check out even more of them here.