1.Things For the Kids To Enjoy Over The Weekend
If you are traveling with little athletes yourself or just bringing the whole family—there are events that especially made for the kids that you do NOT want them to miss! On Wednesday, July 31st, kids can help kickoff Enshrinement Week Powered by Johnson Controls at the Play Football “First Play” at 10AM. Over 3,000 children come together to form a human chain to pass a football along a three-mile route from the location in downtown Canton where the National Football League was founded to the front porch of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Then at 6PM head to the Youth Performance Fields at the Pro Football Hall of Fame for a FREE Play Football “Skills Camp” with appearances by many Gold Jackets! Enjoy live music, DJ’s, special guest appearances, Beer Fest, sponsor giveaways, and interactive activities for kids at the HOF Fun Fest. The FREE activities will take place Thursday from Noon until 7PM, Friday from Noon until 4PM, Saturday Noon until 6PM, and Sunday Noon until 7PM. Canton First Friday is a monthly celebration that takes place in the heart of the Downtown Canton Arts District! There are plenty of kids activities and arts and crafts for them to explore, plus kids will enjoy FREE game tucks, a photo booth, and bungee trampolines provided by Ohio Mobile Gaming on 3rd Street NW.
2. Best Place To Catch a Glimpse of A Gold Jacket
For many of these guys, Canton is their second home and they have their favorite hot spots of where they enjoy to hang out! Take our advice as to where you are most likely to see a Gold Jacket during their time here in Canton.
- Canton Repository Grand Parade: The parade may be at 8AM—but getting up early is so worth the experience! The 2019 Class of Enshrinees’ will be riding down the parade route, just inches from you! Enjoy seeing many other Gold Jackets, marching bands, floats, balloons, and special guest appearances; you never know who you may see!
- Fan Tailgate Parties: Not only are you going to get to enjoy pre-event food and drinks, but keep your eye out because someone in a Gold Jacket may be sitting next to you! Throughout the weekend, appearances will be made at the Tailgate parties before the Hall of Fame Game, Enshrinement Ceremony, and Concert for Legends. Purchase those last minute HOF Fan Experiences Packages here.
- Bender’s Tavern: Many Gold Jackets have been coming to Canton for years upon years, and they have their favorite nightcap spot! Enjoy a delicious steak, Bender’s fries, and your favorite drink at this historic spot.
- Autograph Sessions: There are VERY LIMITED tickets available for the autograph session for the Class of 2019, so you better purchase yours today! Purchase tickets to the Class of 2019 Autograph Session.
- Taggart’s Ice Cream: A absolute classic, Gold Jackets of all ages know that they cannot leave Canton without stopping by Taggart’s to enjoy a Bittner.
- Stark County District Library: On Friday, August 2 at 2:00PM, the main branch of the Stark County District Library will have an afternoon of football stories and activities, along with a special mystery guest that may just know a little something about football!
- Gold Jacket Photo Op: Fans will have the special opportunity to witness a gathering of the game’s immortals to celebrate excellence at this photo op on the front steps of the Pro Football Hall of Fame! Stay up to date with what Hall of Famers will be returning to Canton.
3. Beat the Crowds When Visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame
You have been waiting all year to come to Canton, now is your time to visit the museum! Skip the ticket Box Office lines by purchasing your museum tickets in advance! To avoid crowds once you’re inside the museum, visit during quieter times like Friday evening after 5PM, Saturday before 11AM, and Sunday before 2PM. Or, stay until Monday and explore the museum, while everyone else is traveling home!
4. What Should I Remember to Pack?
- CASH! If you are parking at the Fairgrounds and using the transportation shuttle over to campus, you will only be able to pay in cash for parking and your shuttle wristbands! You also don't want to miss out on any of the goodies of your favorite player or quick snacks because you can't find your plastic card!
- Comfortable Shoes
- Going to the Fashion Show Luncheon and/or the Gold Jacket Dinner? Make sure you bring business casual outfits—you will see everything from people in sundresses and khaki shorts to formal wear and suits!
- Football Jersey and/or Favorite Team Gear
- Going to the Game, Enshrinement Ceremony, or Concert for Legends? Remember you must follow the NFL Stadium Bag Policy—so only bring what you need to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in an officially licensed Hall of Fame or NFL logo bag, a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag, or a small women’s clutch that is no larger than size of a woman’s hand.
5. Get a Room Close To All The Action!
We have an up to date listing of all the rooms that are still available around Canton! To book hotel rooms for August 1-4, 2019 during Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Week powered by Johnson Controls, we recommend that you CALL the hotel to make your reservation!
6. Celebrate Like A Local
- Drink Canton Beer— Kick back, relax, reunite old friends and make new friends over ice cold mugs of locally crafted beer. Explore craft brews and breweries throughout the Canton, Ohio region on the Hall of Fame Hops self-guided ale trail.
- Donuts!—It’s a tradition to attend the Canton Repository Grand Parade, and make sure you bring donuts from one of the local favorites, including Mary Ann’s, Johnnies, or Lieberman’s.
- Shopping!! Did you know that August 2nd-4th is TAX Free Weekend at Belden Village Mall? Now you do! The Hartville Flea Market & Marketplace are also bucket list shopping expereience for those visiting Stark County--with hundreds and hundreds of vendors! Pick up Canton-specific merch at Cantonology, Avenue Arts MarketPlace and Print & Press, all located in the Canton Arts District! And you cannot miss shopping at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Team Store and the Mall of Fame on the Pro Football Hall of Fame campus.
- The Enshrinees’ Roundtable is a BUCKET LIST event that you do not want to miss! The stories that are told will make you feel as if you stood beside them on the playing field.
- Escape from Escape Room Downtown! Experience Canton history with the one-of-kind escape room experience at Escape Room Downtown! You can also soak up the stories of Canton and football greats at the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum, Massillon Museum, and Canton Classic Car Museum.
7. Last Minute Tickets
Looking for last minute tickets to the Gold Jacket Dinner, Fashion Show Luncheon, Canton Repository Grand Parade, or Enshrinee's Roundtable? Call 330.458.2048 to get information on tickets. Need tickets to the Hall of Fame Game, Enshrinement Ceremony or the Concert for Legends featuring Imagine Dragons? Click here to purchase.
8. Where to Park
Going to the Hall of Fame Game, Enshrinement Ceremony, or the Concert for Legends? Make sure you click below to find out exactly where to park and the shuttle service that is available to get you around to all the events. Don't forget to purchase your parking passes for events that are happening at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.