1.Things For the Kids To Enjoy Over The Weekend
- If you are traveling with little athletes yourself or just bringing the whole family—there are events that especially made for the kids that you do NOT want them to miss! On Wednesday, August 4th, kids can help kickoff Enshrinement Week Powered by Johnson Controls at the Play Football “First Play” at 10AM. Over 3,000 children come together to form a human chain to pass a football along a three-mile route from the location in downtown Canton where the National Football League was founded to the front porch of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, then enjoy FREE admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame and lunch.
- Pigskin’s Pals: Families with chicldren ages 2 to12 will enjoy exclusive discounts and special activities through its Pigskin’s Pals program, named for Pigskin, the Visit Canton mascot. In addition to discounts on admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, children can get special offers at 15 additional attractions like the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum, the MAPS Air Museum, Canton Art Museum and the Troll Hole Museum in nearby Alliance. There are also special offers from local restaurants and Stark Parks, as well as special events throughout the summer.
- Enjoy live music, DJ’s, special guest appearances, Beer Fest, sponsor giveaways, and interactive activities for kids at the HOF Fun Fest. The FREE activities will take place on campus at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Canton First Friday is a monthly celebration that takes place in the heart of the Downtown Canton Arts District! There will be are plenty of free kids activities, lots of live music and street vendors.
2. Best Place To Catch a Glimpse of A Gold Jacket
For many of these guys, Canton is their second home and they have their favorite hot spots of where they enjoy to hang out! Take our advice as to where you are most likely to see a Gold Jacket during their time here in Canton.
- Canton Repository Grand Parade: The parade may be at 8AM—but getting up early is so worth the experience! The 2020 & 2021 Class of Enshrinees’ will be riding down the parade route, just inches from you! Enjoy seeing many other Gold Jackets, marching bands, floats, balloons, and special guest appearances; you never know who you may see!
- Bender’s Tavern: Many Gold Jackets have been coming to Canton for years upon years, and they have their favorite nightcap spot! Enjoy a delicious steak, Bender’s fries, and your favorite drink at this historic spot.
- Autograph Sessions: Tickets for the Class of 2020 and 2021 are SOLD OUT -- but, you can still purchase tickets day of for the Returning Gold Jacket Autograph Sessions.
- Taggart’s Ice Cream: A absolute classic, Gold Jackets of all ages know that they cannot leave Canton without stopping by Taggart’s to enjoy a Bittner.
- Gold Jacket Photo Op: Fans will have the special opportunity to witness a gathering of the game’s immortals to celebrate excellence at this photo op on the front steps of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!
3. Beat the Crowds When Visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame
You have been waiting all year to come to Canton, now is your time to visit the museum! Skip the ticket Box Office lines by purchasing your museum tickets in advance! Fans are encouraged to purchase admission in advance to receive Fast Lane entrance access. Purchasing admission in advance will also qualify you to receive our regular rates instead of our increased rates for Enshrinement Week. To avoid crowds once you’re inside the museum, visit during quieter times like Friday afternoon after 2PM, Saturday before 11AM, Sunday before 2PM or visit the Museum on Monday when everyone else relaxing to party at the Concert for Legends.
4. What Should I Remember to Pack?
- CASH! If you are parking at the Fairgrounds and using the transportation shuttle over to campus, you will only be able to pay in cash for parking and your shuttle wristbands! You also don't want to miss out on any of the goodies of your favorite player or quick snacks because you can't find your plastic card!
- MASK. The Pro Football Hall of Fame events will be following all current CDC guidelines for COVID-19 and events. If you are using Public Transportation or the Shuttle at parking -- there is a Federal Mandate that masks must be worn at all times while using the transportation. Just bring along a couple of extras, so you don't miss out on any of the fun!
- Comfortable Shoes
- Going to the Fashion Show and/or the Gold Jacket Dinner? Make sure you bring business casual outfits—you will see everything from people in sundresses and khaki shorts to formal wear and suits!
- Football Jersey and/or Favorite Team Gear
- Going to the Game, Enshrinement Ceremony, or Concert for Legends? Remember you must follow the NFL Stadium Bag Policy—so only bring what you need to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in an officially licensed Hall of Fame or NFL logo bag, a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag, or a small women’s clutch that is no larger than size of a woman’s hand.
5. Get a Room Close To All The Action!
We have an up-to-date-listing of all the rooms that are still available around Canton! To book hotel rooms for August 4-9, 2021 during Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Week powered by Johnson Controls, we recommend that you CALL the hotel to make your reservation.
6. Celebrate Like A Local
- Drink Canton Beer: Enshrinement Week powered by Johnson Controls is the perfect time to make some stops on the Hall of Fame Hops Craft Brew Trail! Have fun visiting local restaurants, breweries, and a distillery. Discover the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the heart of Ohio Amish Country, and award-winning craft brews in each unique destination along the way.
- Donuts!—It’s a tradition to attend the Canton Repository Grand Parade, and make sure you bring donuts from one of the local favorites, including Mary Ann’s, Johnnies, or Lieberman’s.
- Shopping!! The Hartville Flea Market & Marketplace are also bucket list shopping expereience for those visiting Stark County--with hundreds and hundreds of vendors! Pick up Canton-specific merch at Cantonology and Print & Press, located in Downtown Canton. And you cannot miss shopping at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Team Store and the Mall of Fame on the Pro Football Hall of Fame campus.
- The Enshrinees’ Roundtable is a BUCKET LIST event that you do not want to miss! The stories that are told will make you feel as if you stood beside them on the playing field.
- Experience Canton History: Spend time with family & friends with the one-of-kind escape room experience at Escape Room Downtown! You can also soak up the stories of Canton and football greats at the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum, Massillon Museum, and Paul Brown Museum.
7. Last Minute Tickets
Looking for last minute tickets to the Gold Jacket Dinner, Fashion Show Luncheon, Canton Repository Grand Parade, or Enshrinee's Roundtable? Call 330.458.2048 to get information on tickets. Need tickets to the Hall of Fame Game, Enshrinement Ceremony or the Concert for Legends featuring Brad Paisley & Lynyrd Skynyrd? Click here to purchase.
8. Where to Park
Find out more information about Parking, Public Transportation, and Stadium Entry while vising events during Enshrinement Week 2021.