For those of you that have cabin fever, but don’t like being outside in the cold weather here are some great family activities inside!
- Want to feel like you are on vacation without having to travel too far from home? Dive into the Massillon Aquatics Center inside of the Massillon Recreation Center to swim. Including a lazy river, a multi-purpose/splashdown pool, a dry sauna, and two 19-ft high water slides make for one great family fun day. Day Passes are available for just $7 per person or you can purchase 5 visits for $30.
- When I say jump, you say how high? Get some major air in at Sky Zone Trampoline Park, an indoor trampoline park that is full of FUN. Enjoy an open jump in the platform of trampolines or put your skills to the test in 3D Dodgeball or Slam-Dunk Basketball. Seek new heights in this all-ages air adventure!
- North Canton Skate & Entertainment Center has a roller skating rink complete with a DJ and blacklights, and they now also have bumper cars, a rock-climbing wall, laser tag, euro bungee, arcade games, and more!
- Don’t feel like being outside in the frigid cold and you still want to go ice skating? Center Ice Sports Complex, located in North Canton, is a state-of-the-art sports facility that features an NHL-size ice area. Admission is just $10 for public skate times and $4 for skate rental. Please visit centericesports.com to reserve your time to skate.
- Do you love solving puzzles? Do you wish you were a real-life Sherlock Holmes? Escape Room Downtown is the perfect family-fun activity for you! Choose your destiny in various themed rooms and get into the action. From discovering secrets to robbing a gallery, find the hidden clues to crack the case and escape before time runs out!
- Check out Milestone - A Board Game Bar, the brand-new board game café in Downtown Canton. With over a hundred Board Games to choose from and a full bar, the competition between you two will heat up the night.
Get your household outside to breathe in the fresh air, engage in physical activity, and unplug.
- Located in Downtown Canton in the open plaza beside the Stark County Courthouse, the Hall of Fame City Ice Rink welcomes ice skating enthusiasts and beginners. Admission to skate is $2 and skate rentals are just an additional $2. You are more than welcome to bring your own skates, as well. Open Monday-Friday 4PM-9PM, Saturday 12PM-9PM, and Sunday 12PM-6PM, weather permitting.
- Discover outdoor family fun and awaken your senses as you wander through the enchanted gardens at Beech Creek Gardens! Explore hands-on activities for all ages and learn about the wonders of nature in winter. Open every weekend from 5-9 PM, November 26 through December 24, and open the week after Christmas, Saturday, December 26-Wednesday, December 29 from 5-9 PM. Admission is just $8 per person and FREE for Children under 2 or Members.
- Kids or adults love the rush of sledding down a snowy hill all bundled up! After the next big snowfall, grab the kids, sleds, plenty of water and snacks, and head for the hills for FREE wintertime fun! Explore more info about the best hills to go sled riding on.
- Check out the Drive-Thru Holiday Light Display at Stadium Park. With over 30 holiday light displays, it’s a fun drive-through location and the cost is FREE. Stadium Park is located at 1615 Stadium Park Drive, 44718 in Canton. Open daily from Thanksgiving-January 9, 2022. To find out more information call Canton Parks and Recreation at 330.456.4521.
Stark County is home to several world-class museums and many of them are perfect for all age visitors. Find out about all of the exhibits on display now.
- A must-do Stark County museum, the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum, presents a combination of presidential history, local history, and hands-on fun. Step back in time as you walk through the Street of Shops, a life-size replica historic town complete with blacksmith shop, dentist office, and even a real fire pole to slide down in the fire station. In Discover World, the hands-on interactive science center, encounter an authentic mastodon skeleton that was discovered during an excavation for an apartment building in Canton, among other activities like Ecology Island and Fascination Station. Be greeted by President McKinley and his wife in the McKinley Gallery where the largest collection of McKinley artifacts chronicles the life and career of our 25th president, and walk the 108 steps to the top of the McKinley Presidential Monument to pay homage at McKinley’s final resting place.
- You don't have to break the bank to while enjoying your winter break fun! The Massillon Museum is ALWAYS free admission and offers Do The Mu! activities the first Saturday of the month. Enjoy Free Thursdays at the Canton Museum of Art, where the museum is open extended hours from 10AM until 8PM.
- See the Guinness World Record troll doll collection (that’s 3,254 to be exact!) and enjoy a guided tour that will walk you through the history and folklore of trolls from mythology to the modern toy in a unique setting of artistic displays and exhibits. The Troll Hole Museum is playground for the imagination where over 10,000 trolls live and are displayed in a setting of waterfalls and grottoes.
- No trip to Canton is complete without a visit to the Pro Football Hall of Fame! A truly exhilarating museum and exhibition center, the Pro Football Hall of Fame is the ultimate destination for fans and families.
Turn Winter Break Into Summer Vacation
Are you already dreading the cold of winter and wishing for a day at the pool? Turn one day into a Staycation and book your hotel stay at one of our many hotels with an indoor pool! You can check availability at hotels here.
Looking for more fun activities for your winter break? Check out the Visit Canton event calendar for more ideas!