For those of you that have cabin fever, but don’t like being outside in the cold weather here are some great family activities inside!
- Want to feel like you are on vacation without having to travel too far from home? Dive into the Massillon Aquatics Center inside of the Massillon Recreation Center to swim. The two-lane lap pool, a lazy river, a multi-purpose/splashdown pool, a dry sauna, a kiddie play pool, and two 19-ft high water slides make for one great family fun day. Day Passes are available for just $8 per person and you can make a reservation to swim 24 hours in advance by calling 330.832.1621.
- Find fun for the whole family in an exceptionally fun and educational visit to the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum. With fascinating exhibits from Discover World, featuring dinosaurs and science experiments to the Hoover Price Planetarium where you can see all the possible stars in a night’s sky, how will you ever choose a favorite part of the day?
- When I say jump, you say how high? Get some major air in at SkyMax Trampoline Arena, an 11,000 sq. ft arena of FUN. Enjoy an open jump in the platform of trampolines or put your skills to the test in 3D Dodgeball or Slam-Dunk Basketball. Seek new heights in this all-ages air adventure!
- North Canton Skate & Entertainment Center has a roller skating rink complete with a DJ and blacklights, and they now also have bumper cars, a rock-climbing wall, laser tag, euro bungee, arcade games, and more!
- Don’t feel like being outside in the frigid cold and you still want to go ice skating? Center Ice Sports Complex, located in North Canton, is a state-of-the-art sports facility that features an NHL size ice area. Admission is just $8 for public skate times and $4 for skate rental.
- Do you love solving puzzles? Do you wish you were a real-life Sherlock Holmes? Escape Room Downtown is the perfect family-fun activity for you! Choose your destiny in various themed rooms and get into the action. From discovering secrets to robbing a gallery, find the hidden clues to crack the case and escape before time runs out!
- Every Friday and Saturday night from 6 to 8 PM in January and February, enjoy free "Genius Lab" activity stations at the Cultural Center for the Arts. The special activities and programs at the Cultural Center are part of the Illumination: Canton Light Festival.
In times of social distancing and many people feeling Cabin Fever, it is important that you get your household outside to breathe in the fresh air, engage in physical activity, and unplug.
- Located in Downtown Canton in the open plaza beside the Stark County Courthouse, the Hall of Fame City Ice Rink welcomes ice skating enthusiasts and beginners. Admission to skate is $2 and skate rentals are just an additional $2. You are more than welcome to bring your own skates, as well. Open Monday-Thursday 12 PM-7 PM, Friday and Saturday 12 PM-8 PM, and Sunday 12 PM-6 PM, weather permitting.
- Discover outdoor family fun and awaken your senses as you wander through the enchanted gardens at Beech Creek Gardens! Easily practice social distancing with a variety of fun and unique outdoor activities for the whole family to enjoy! Experience the thrill of hand-feeding wild chickadees at Bird in Hand + many additional activities for 2021! Open January 2 through February 28, Saturdays & Sundays from 12-4pm, and Martin Luther King Jr. Day, January 18, 2021 and Presidents' Day, February 15, 2021. Admission is just $6 per person and FREE for Children under 2 or Members.
- Kids or adults love the rush of sledding down a snowy hill all bundled up! After the next big snowfall, grab the kids, sleds, plenty of water and snacks, and head for the hills for FREE wintertime fun! Explore more info about the best hills to go sled riding on.
- Celebrate the new year viewing the light displays, shows, and art installations throughout downtown Canton during Illumination, January - February 2021. The Canton light festival is a complementary experience to the blockbuster exhibit, Dancing in the Light: Masterworks from the Age of American Impressionism, on view at the Canton Museum of Art.
Already cozy and warm at home in your PJs? Don't worry, there are still plenty of fun activities that you can do at home while supporting Stark County businesses and attractions.
- Creative juices are flowing while families are at home and local Stark County businesses are getting creative with their offerings of Make & Take Activities at Home. Activities can be delivered directly to individuals’ homes or businesses are offering curbside pick-up. Now is the time to try something new!
- Wisecracks Comedy Escape Room has a remote Escape Room virtual experience! You can now play their Jack-in-the-Box room remotely from home over video conference with your friends and family all over the world! You can book your experience online today.
- Don't feel like cooking today? Ordering food To-Go could never be easier from your favorite Stark County restaurants. See all of the Stark County Restaurants Offering To-Go Meals during their regular business hours.
- Enjoy a good book or watch a new movie! The Stark County Library has online services available 24/7 for library cardholders, including the collection of over 500,000 eBooks, eMagazines, downloadable audiobooks, and streaming movies, music, and even television shows! And the best part about this program, it is all FREE for you to utilize.
Stark County is home to several museums and many of them are open to visitors with advanced reservations and timed ticketing. Did you know that you can also virtually visit? Utilize the digital libraries at some of our Stark County Museums:
- The Canton Museum of Art collection, acclaimed throughout Ohio and the United States, is focused on American watercolors and works on paper from the 19th century forward and contemporary ceramics from the 1950s. Explore the artwork collection here.
- The Pro Football Hall of Fame celebrates the greats of professional football is able to showcase their archives at home with you. Explore their digital archival material here.
- The Massillon Museum is a local art and history museum that has major collections of photography, costumes, textiles, china, glass and pottery, domestic appliances, and circus memorabilia. Explore their collection and archives online here.
- MAPS Air Museum has a treasure trove of aviation-related STEM videos for teachers and parents to show children. The videos cover lessons on lift, drag, thrust, flight controls, and much more. Click here to access nine STEM videos on MAPS Air Museum.
Turn Winter Break Into Summer Vacation
Are you already dreading the cold of winter and wishing for a day at the pool? Turn one day into a Staycation and book your hotel stay at one of our many hotels with an indoor pool! You can check availability at hotels here.
Looking for more fun activities for your winter break? Check out the Visit Canton event calendar for more ideas!