For those of you that have cabin fever, but don’t like being outside in the cold weather here are some great family activities inside!
- Head to SkyZone for hours of bouncy fun. Kids and adults will enjoy Jumpapalooza that is held every Friday night for just $20 that includes 2 hours of jump time, live DJ, 2 pieces of pizza and small drink. Laser Quest just plain rocks and as you run around trying to “shoot” the other players with your laser beams. North Canton Skate & Entertainment Center has a roller skating rink complete with a DJ and blacklights, and they now also have bumper cars, a rock climbing wall, laser tag, euro bungee, arcade games and more! And we can’t forget about the place where “Kids Can Be A Kid”, Chuck E. Cheese's! Ninjamax Obstacle Course is NOW OPEN at SkyMax Trampoline Arena where you can test our strength, agility, speed and balance!
- Want to participate in a cold weather activity, but without the cold weather? Head to Center Ice Sports Complex for open skating!
- Stark County has many family-friendly museums with interactive children's activities including the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum, Pro Football Hall of Fame, and MAPS Air Museum. The Massillon Museum is FREE every day and Canton Museum of Art is FREE all day every Thursday.
- Have older kids or adults you are trying to entertain? Book your experience at the Escape Room Downtown.
Holiday Light Displays
As we all enjoy driving around our own neighborhood to look at holiday lights, there are beautiful light displays throughout Stark County!
- Check out the Drive-Thru Holiday Light Display at Stadium Park. With over 30 holiday light displays, its a fun drive-through location. Cost is FREE. Stadium Park is located at Schroyer Ave. S.W., in Canton. To find out more information call Canton Parks and Recreation for opening at 330.456.4521.
- Enjoy Christmas at Clay’s, a drive thru Christmas exhibit over two-miles long at Clay’s Park and Resort. The event is open daily through December 23, and then December 27 through December 30, with carload specials every night. Featuring a tree that is over five stories tall with controlled each and every bulb...with over 10,000 of them to be exact!
Get Outdoors and Explore!
- Quail Hollow Park, located in Hartville, offers cross country skiing on their gently rolling terrain of meadows, woods and bridle trails. Rentals are available when the ground is frozen. The rental shop is located in the lower level of the Manor House. Hours are Saturday, 10AM – 4PM and Sunday, 12PM – 4PM. Group rentals are also available during the week upon request. For more information and trail conditions contact the State Park at 330-877-6652.
- Enjoy outdoor ice skating in historic downtown Canton. The rink will be open Monday-Thursday from 10 am – 7 pm, Friday-Saturday from 10 am – 8 pm, and Sunday from Noon-6 pm. Admission is only $2 with your own skates, or $4 with figure skate or hockey skate rental included.
Get Hap, Hap, Happy During Happy Hour
Do you have college ages kids that are home for the holidays and they are starting to become stir crazy? Enjoy 5-2-1 Happy Hour at the Crush House at Gervasi Vineyards to enjoy your favorite Gervasi wine, specialty cocktails, and delicious $5 appetizers! Enjoy Mule Mondays at Table Six Kitchen + Bar with Half Priced Mules all day at the bar or FREE tacos at the bar every Tuesday from 4PM until 9PM. TD’s Tailgate offers different happy hour specials every day, and don’t forget about Fish Taco Tuesdays. More of a craft beer lover? Get to Royal Docks every day from 4PM until 6PM and enjoy $4 beers, $5 wines, and $6 flatbreads! And let’s not forget about Burntwood Tavern. They have Happy Hour EVERY day of the week (yes, even Saturdays and Sundays) from 3-6PM!
Turn Winter Break Into Summer Vacation
Are you already dreading the cold of winter and wishing for a day at the pool? Turn one day into a Staycation and book your hotel stay at one of our many hotels with an indoor pool! You can check availability at hotels here.