I have fond memories of sled riding as a child. The house I grew up in had a huge hill in the backyard and we spent countless hours playing in the snow. Now that I am older I get to enjoy sled riding with my children. Since we don't have a hill in our backyard, we use the great public sled riding hills located in Stark County. After the next big snowfall, grab the kids, plenty of water and snacks and hit the hills for some free wintertime fun!
Top Sled Riding Hills in Stark County
- Canal Fulton Christian Fellowship Sledding Hill - 2021 Locust Street South in Canal Fulton, Ohio
- East Canton Family Golf Sledding Hill - 5447 Lincoln Street in East Canton, Ohio
- Malone University Sledding Hill - 2600 Cleveland Ave NW in Canton, Ohio
- Maize Valley Market & Winery Sledding Hill - 6193 Edison St. NE in Hartville, Ohio
- Quail Hollow State Park Sledding Hill - 1714 Schneider Street NE in Canton, Ohio
- Silver Park Sledding Hill - 2930 S. Union Ave. in Alliance, Ohio
- Tam O’Shanter Golf Course Sledding Hill - 5055 Hills and Dales Road NW in Canton, Ohio
- Wampler Park Sledding Hill - 1818 Main Ave W in Massillon, Ohio
- Westbrook Veterans’ Memorial Park Sledding Hill - 13th Street NW in Canton, Ohio (SW of Mercy Medical Center)
Planning Your Outing
Now that you know where the best places to go sled riding in Stark County are, here are a few tips to keep in mind as you are preparing for your sled riding adventure.
- Review the safety rules with your children. Explain to them the importance of quickly moving out of the way after they reach the bottom of the hill, and explicitly show them the side of the hill to walk back up.
- Make sure to dress for the weather. Wear layers that you can add/remove if you get too hot or cold, and bring along a hat and gloves.
- Bring an extra pair of socks and shoes for the ride home. After being in the snow for that long, you'll appreciate the dry socks and warm shoes.
- Pack some snacks, water to drink and some hot cocoa in a thermos for the car ride home.