Get those back to school lists pulled out and enjoy a TAX FREE sales holiday throughout the State of Ohio starts on Friday, August 7, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. and ends on Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
During the holiday, the following items are exempt from sales and use tax:
- Clothing priced at $75 per item or less
- School supplies priced at $20 per item or less
- School instructional material priced at $20 per item or less
Items used in a trade or business are not exempt under the sales tax holiday.
Not sure where to start your back-to-school shopping? Take a look at a few of our suggestions!
- Head to Belden Village Mall to start off your savings! At Belden Village you will find major department stores such as Macy’s, Dillards, and Sears, as well as popular retail stores that your teens will love: Aeropostale, American Eagle, Forever 21, Hot Topic, Hollister, and many more! For the younger kiddos, the Mall is home to Justice, the Children's Place, Macys, and more. Enjoy all of the back-to-school sales that I'm sure the stores are running!
- If you’re really looking to score some back to school savings, check out the many re-sale and consignment shops in Historic Downtown Hartville! Find clothing that looks new at a discounted prices at Best Bib and Tucker, Twice is Nice Consignments, Two E’s in a Pod, and many more! These shops are full of brand names and only current trends and fashion! You’ll also find lots of handmade accessories and jewelry that will complete any outfit!
- Do you have teenagers that are into all of the chic boutique designers? Make sure to check out the Mainstream Boutique in North Canton, Laura of Pembroke in Canton, and Hartville Collectibles.
- Find out about more locally owned boutiques & shopping destinations throughout Stark County!