The Canton Symphony Orchestra (CSO) and the Stark County Park District (SCPD) are excited to announce Serenades in the Park will be returning for Summer of 2021!
This popular program combines the spontaneous sounds of nature and people enjoying a park with the orchestrated sounds of musicians is returning this summer. Serenades in the Park is a FREE, family-friendly series of brass, woodwind, and string ensembles performing all over Stark County. Everyone is invited to bring your favorite picnic food, games, and blanket or chair and enjoy the setting and music.
The ensemble performances take place each month (June, July and August) and feature 3 to 5 CSO muscians in a casual program of light classics, pops, patriotic, jazz and/or folk repertoire. This series is a collaboration between Stark Parks and the Canton Symphony Orchestra.
Schedule of performances:
- Thursday, July 1 | 6:30PM -- Brass Quintet | Exploration Gateway Patio: Sippo Lake Park (5712 12th St. NW, Canton 44708)
- Thursday, July 8 | 6:30PM -- String Quartet | Picnic Shelter: Fry Family Park (2533 Farber St. SE, Magnolia, 44643)
- Thursday, July 15 | 6:30PM -- Brass Quintet | Cook's Lagoon (1819 Mahoning Rd. NE, Canton 44705)
- Thursday, July 22 | 6:30PM -- String Quartet | Lakeside: Deer Creek Reservoir (14514 Price St. NW, Alliance, 44601)
- Thursday, July 29 | 6:30PM -- Woodwind Quintet | Tam O' SHnater Park (5055 Hills & Dales Rd. NW, Canton 44708)
- Thursday, August 12 | 6:30PM -- Flute & Harp Duet | Quail Hollow Park (13480 Congress Lake Ave., Hartville, 44632)
- Thursday, August 19 | 6:30PM -- Woodwind Quintet | Devonshire Park and Trail (4679 South Blvd. NW, Canton, 44718)
The mission of the Stark County Park District is to acquire, preserve, and develop natural areas for passive recreation, conservation, education, and nature appreciation. Stark Parks offers more than 14 parks and 100 miles of hiking, bicycling, and equestrian trails and four lakes for boating, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. Find out more ways to explore the parks here!
Founded in 1937, the Canton Symphony Orchestra is a fully professional ensemble and organization dedicated to performing concerts that enrich, educate and entertain. Under the direction of Gerhardt Zimmermann, the orchestra performs classical, pops, holiday, and educational programs. Most performances are in Umstattd Performing Arts Hall at the Zimmermann Symphony Center 2331 17th Street NW, Canton, Ohio (adjacent to McKinley High School). Enjoy additional outdoor Summer Concerts with the Canton Symphony Orchestra at the Jackson Amphitheater and on July 23 at Pegasus Farm.