The Canton Symphony Orchestra (CSO) and the Stark County Park District (SCPD) are excited to announce Serenades in the Park will be returning for Summer of 2018!
This popular program combines the spontaneous sounds of nature and people enjoying a park with the orchestrated sounds of musicians is returning this summer. Serenades in the Park is a free, family-friendly series of brass, woodwind, and string ensembles performing all over Stark County. Everyone is invited to bring your favorite picnic food, games, and blanket or chair and enjoy the setting and music.
This 5-part series consists of one hour performances taking place each month in June, July and August and features a different small ensemble of CSO musicians in a casual program of light classics, pops, patriotic, jazz and/or folk repertoire. Pre-concert activities before the performances coordinated by CSO and SCPD staff will enable audience members to experience live animals, crafts, building musical instruments out of recycled materials and instrument petting zoo. The series is sponsored in part by the Stark County Park District and the Ada C. & Helen J. Rank Foundation.
Schedule of performances:
- Thursday, June 14 | 6:30PM -- String Quartet | Exploration Gateway (5712 12th St. NW, Canton
- Tuesday, June 26 | 6:30PM -- Brass Quintet | Molly Stark Park (7900 Columbus Rd., Louisville)
- Thursday, July 12 | 6:30PM -- Woodwind Quintet | Deer Creek Reservoir (14514 Price St. NE, Alliance)
- Tuesday, July 24 | 6:30PM -- Harp & Flute | Fry Family Park (2533 Farber St. NW Magnolia)
- Sunday, August 12 | 4:00PM -- String Quartet | Quail Hollow Park (13480 Congress Lake Ave, Hartville)
- Thursday, August 16 | 6:30PM -- Trombone Quartet | Devonshire Park (4679 South Blvd NW, Canton)
- Sunday, September 2 | 7:30PM -- Full Orchestra | Petros Lake Park (3519 Perry Drive SW, Canton)
The mission of the Stark County Park District is to acquire, preserve, and develop natural areas for passive recreation, conservation, education, and nature appreciation. Stark Parks offers more than 14 parks and 100 miles of hiking, bicycling, and equestrian trails and four lakes for boating, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. Find out more ways to explore the parks here!
Founded in 1937, the Canton Symphony Orchestra is a fully professional ensemble and organization dedicated to performing concerts that enrich, educate and entertain. Under the direction of Gerhardt Zimmermann, the orchestra performs classical, pops, holiday, and educational programs. Most performances are in Umstattd Performing Arts Hall at the Zimmermann Symphony Center 2331 17th Street NW, Canton, Ohio (adjacent to McKinley High School). Find out more about the Canton Symphony Orchestra and see their 2018-2019 MasterWorks