As the developments in Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to unfold please follow the direction from our public health authorities including the CDC, Ohio Department of Health, and the Stark County Health Department to protect the community and visitors.
Contact individual businesses directly regarding the latest information on operating hours, programming, and event schedules.
Your favorite not on the list or are you a business owner that has updates? Please send all information to email@example.com.
Visit Our Museums and Historic Sites
Stark County is home to several museums. Did you know that you can also virtually visit? Utilize the digital libraries at some of our Stark County Museums:
- Canton Museum of Art | The Canton Museum of Art collection, acclaimed throughout Ohio and the United States, is focused on American watercolors and works on paper from the 19th century forward and contemporary ceramics from the 1950s. Explore the artwork collection here.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame | The Pro Football Hall of Fame celebrates the greats of professional football is able to showcase their archives at home with you. Explore their digital archival material here.
- Massillon Museum | The Massillon Museum is a local art and history museum that has major collections of photography, costumes, textiles, china, glass and pottery, domestic appliances, and circus memorabilia. Explore their collection and archives online here.
- MAPS Air Museum | MAPS Air Museum has a treasure trove of aviation-related STEM videos for teachers and parents to show children. The videos cover lessons on lift, drag, thrust, flight controls and much more. Click here to access nine STEM videos on MAPS Air Museum.
To stay informed, engaged, and entertained, log on to the Facebook pages of the McKinley Museum and Presidential Library, Massillon Museum, Canton Museum of Art, National First Ladies' Library, Pro Football Hall of Fame, and the Dennison Railroad Depot Museum for content that will be posted daily at Noon. Each institution will provide a virtual program that varies from week to week on a prearranged schedule. Find out more about their presentations here.
Fresh air, open space, and UV rays, hooray! Get outside and explore the abundant options for outdoor recreation in Stark County.
Check this out! Healthy Steps is the Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition annual walking program, running April 1 to May 2. Count your steps, submit them virtually at the beginning of each week, and be entered for your chance to win prizes. Sign-up today!
Make & Takes at Home
Creative juices are flowing while families are at home and local Stark County businesses are getting creative with their offerings of Make & Takes. Activities can be delivered directly to individuals’ homes or businesses are offering curbside pick-up. Now is the time to try something new! See the full list of creative Make & Takes options.
Change of Scenery
Need to isolate and find your own space to call home temporarily? Take advantage of special packages at these accommodations in Stark County.
- Holiday Inn Canton: Are you a healthcare working on the frontlines? Holiday Inn Canton is offering a $69 room rate for those are traveling to our area or those that do not want to go home to their families. Please call 330.494.2770 to reserve your room. Thank you for all you are doing for our community!
- The Casa at Gervasi Vineyard: Stay at The Casa at Gervasi Vineyard in April 1-30, 2020, and they will donate $50 to the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank for each night booked.* To book your stay call 330-497-1000, option 1. Or visit their website. Escape to a safe haven at Gervasi Vineyard. Our boutique hotel offers private suites where you can relax and unwind in a secure environment that has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Private patios with serene views
- No-contact Italian-style continental breakfast delivered to your suite
- No-contact carryout and delivery from The Crush House for lunch and dinner
- Hike or bike the connected Stark Parks Middle Branch Trail
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton South: Get away and save when you stay three nights or more! Guests that book a stay three or more nights will save 15% on their entire stay. Guests can call and use promotional code LPR and in promo code box when booking online.
- Embassy Suites Staycation: Families enjoy an upgraded suite with sweet and salty snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, a Keurig coffee maker and premium Wi-Fi. A grab and go breakfast is available for each guest as well. Also receive a certificate for 15% off a future booking through 12/30/20 since they will not have access to some of our typical amenities (pool, fitness center, evening reception and full hot breakfast). We hope that they will be able to come back in the future and see what we really offer!
Whether you are shopping for custom furniture, great bargains, art, or antiques you can find it in Canton and the Stark County area! Explore local stores here.
Many local restaurants offer delicious carry-out and delivery options. Check-out local restaurant options.
Enjoy a Good Book or Movie
The Stark County Library has online services available 24/7 for library cardholders, including the collection of over 500,000 eBooks, eMagazines, downloadable audiobooks, and streaming movies, music, and even television shows! And the best part about this program, it is all FREE for you to utilize. See what is available from the Stark Library now.
Not a member of the Stark County Library? Don’t worry! You can sign-up digitally today and give you immediate access to download eBooks and materials. Apply online today for your card.
The gyms and fitness centers are all closed, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t stay active with at home workouts local fitness partners are offering for you do.
- YMCA of Central Stark County: Y360 | It's more important than ever to live our YMCA mission of serving and strengthening our communities. And while we can't serve you in person, you can become part of Y360, a new virtual initiative led by Ys across the country. It's your favorite classes, our top instructors and the Y community now available at home. Start taking classes today!
- Yoga Strong Canton | Missing your favorite yoga classes? Don’t worry Yoga Strong Canton is offering virtual classes via the Zoom App. Follow their Facebook page to see the schedule for the week and sign-up for their emails by texting YOGASTRONGCANTON to 22828. Donations can be sent to Venmo strong_and_fly . During class and 1 hour after donations are split between studio and teacher with a majority going to teacher!
- Jazzercise Canton Ohio | We love having you as part of the Jazzercise Canton family and look forward to staying connected whether we’re in the studio or in our living rooms. For the next 60 days, you can work out with your virtual tribe on Jazzercise On Demand, for FREE. This offer is for current paying EFT customers only! If you are a current EFT Customer and would like the code please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 330-309.1007 with your name. Not a member? Join to get the benefits. What better way to get into a workout routine than now!
- Ladies Super Fitness North Canton | Join Ladies Super Fitness North Canton on their Facebook page for their Virtual Workouts. Their classes are all different themes from full body and low tempo workout for all levels. We are here to support you and help you with your health and fitness goals. See you soon online!
Not a member of these gyms? Consider purchasing a membership to use later in the year or making a donation to their facilities! We can all work to stay healthy together.