In late July 2020, the DORA (Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area) went into effect in Historic Downtown Canal Fulton. This new initiative will allow visitors to grab a drink at one of the participating Canal Fulton businesses and allow them to carry alcohol refreshments outdoors while strolling within a specific area. Carry-out drinks can be enjoyed in the DORA seven days per week from Noon to Midnight.
Here is all you need to know about Canal Fulton’s Open Container District
Where are you allowed to carry your cups?
Canal Fulton DORA spans 3.72 acres of Downtown, with the borders marked with 12’ x 18’ designated signage marking borders. Boundaries include 200 block of Canal Street N to 100 block of Canal Street S, including the City Boardwalk behind addresses 103 to 133 Canal Street S, to 100 block of Cherry Street E and 200 block of Market Street W.
What are the rules?
- All drinks taken to go must be in a designated plastic 16-ounce cup
- Drinks must be purchased from participating businesses
- Only patrons using the DORA Official Cup will be permitted outside with an open container of beer or intoxicating liquor
- Each subsequent purchase of an alcoholic beverage requires an additional cup
- DORA cups cannot be taken into any venue from which it was NOT purchased or any other business
- DORA cups cannot be taken outside the DORA boundaries
- Patrons will be asked to pay an additional $0.50 per cup, per drink
- The Barrel Room on Canal
- Canal Boat Lounge
- Dragonfly Tea Room & Winery
- Miller Doan Tavern
- Canal Fulton VFW