Here is all you need to know about Canton’s open container district:
Where are you allowed to carry your cups?
The Downtown Canton DORA spans almost 69 acres of land, with borders marked generally by 6th Street N. (north edge), McKinley Ave. (west edge), 4th Street S. (south edge) and Walnut Ave. (east edge). Patrons may walk freely within the DORA boundaries. Blue signs mark the parameters where patrons can walk with their alcohol.
What are the rules?
- Any drinks taken to go must be purchased from participating businesses and served in the official plastic 16-ounce cup
- Carryout drinks are available noon to midnight daily during each participating business's hours of operation
- No drinks may be carried from one establishment selling alcohol into another establishment selling alcohol
- Every business that does not sell alcohol, has the right to decide if they will allow patrons to bring in the DORA beverages
- Drinking in vehicles is not allowed
Canton First Friday is a great time to enjoy the Downtown Canton DORA. The monthly celebration of art, music, local businesses, and restaurants is celebrated on the First Friday of every month year-round. Enjoy Downtown Canton businesses that are open for you to shop, grab dinner or a drink, and explore! Learn more about all the different things there are to see and do in Downtown Canton.