Cultural Tourism Grants
Visit Canton in partnership with ArtsinStark will award Cultural Tourism Grants up to $20,000 to each approved marketing or event initiative. Grants will be awarded for the purpose of generating increased visitation and economic impact for the region through the support of arts and culture events and marketing initiatives. The initiatives must encompass visual arts, museums, performing arts, theaters, attractions, authentic historic and cultural places, and events to encounter traditions, history, music, and art.
Project proposals are not limited to, but may focus on one of the following categories:
- Visual Arts, Performing Arts or Museum Exhibitions
- Entertainment including Live Music, Dancing, Concerts, Theatrical Productions
- Heritage and historical experiences
Project examples within the categories include:
- Live music, dance, or entertainment elements added to special events
- NEW Marketing initiatives to reach a new demographic of guests to engage with the performance, exhibit, special event, or production
- Marketing and promotional expenses including email marketing campaigns, magazines, newspapers, radio, TV, internet, direct mail, PR/media kits, and billboards, etc.
- Marketing initiatives that showcase the newly added arts and cultural elements at special events
- Additional arts or cultural-based experiences at special events or program
- Addition of arts-based experience that elevates the visitor/guest experience within the business or attraction.
GRANT AWARDS AND TIMELINE
- Grant requests up to $20,000 per project will be considered through this competitive application process.
- Applicants can submit multiple projects per fiscal year
- Cultural Tourism Grant applications must be submitted at least 60 days before scheduled programming or special event
- Cultural Tourism grant dollars may not represent more than 50% of the total marketing cost. If asking for Marketing Support – 50% match of marketing expenses (*local marketing initiatives can be included as part of the match)
- Projects must be started and completed within the 2023 calendar year (January 1-December
- November 1, 2022 | Online Applications for 2023 Cultural Tourism Grants Open
- November 30, 2022 | Online Applications for Cultural Tourism Grants must be submitted by 5:00PM
- December 15, 2022 | Announcement of Awarded Funds
HOW DO I APPLY?
Have application questions or want to know if your project qualifies for the Cultural Tourism Grants? Please reach out to Promotions & Grants Manager, Allison Gromofsky at email@example.com or 330.542.6375.
If funds are still available in the Cultural Tourism Grant Fund, Visit Canton will accept rolling applications on the following timeline throughout 2023 until there are no longer dollars available. Cultural Tourism Grant Applications must be submitted at least 60 days before the scheduled program or event to be considered. Awarded grant dollars from Cultural Tourism Grants must be used by December 31, 2023
- By the 1st of Every Month (Example March 1, 2023) | Online Applications for Cultural Tourism Grants must be submitted by 5:00PM
- By the 15th of Every Month (Example March 15, 2023) | All applications that were submitted by the 1st will be reviewed and judged by the Committee and an announcement of awarded funds will be made by the 15th of that month.