The Canton Symphony Orchestra (CSO) are excited to announce that the popular Divergent Sounds Series is returning for 2019!
This popular program combines the talent and sounds of the Canton Symphony Orchestra musicians with the soulful sounds of popular musicians. The Divergent Sounds Series performances are just $15 or FREE with a donation of a gently used musical instrument for the Summit’s Music Alive Program. Guests will enjoy a cash bar and casual seating at the Zimmerman Symphony Center for the performances.
The ensembles take place monthly September thru May (no performance in December) and features 5-7 CSO musicians in a casual program of pop, Americana, rock, jazz, hip hip and more! The series is sponsored in part by the The Summit and Mark & Beverly Belgya.
Schedule of performances:
All performances are at 7:30PM
- Thursday, September 12 | Alt-Pop Meets the Symphony fearturing J.D. Eicher
- Thursday, October 24 | Roots Rock/Americana Meets the Symphony featuring Yankee Bravo
- Thursday, November 14 | Rock Meets the Symphony featuring Diamond Kites
- Thursday, January 16 | Jazz Fusion Meets the Symphony featuring J.T.’s Electrick Blackout
- Thursday, February 20 | Pop Rock Meets the Symphony featuring Broken Transmitter
- Thursday, March 12 | Hip Hop Meets the Symphony featuring Floco Torres
- Thursday, April 16 | Folk Pop Meets the Symphony featuring Shelby Olive
- Thursday, May 14 | Indie Rock Meets the Symphony featuring Spy Convention
Founded in 1937, the Canton Symphony Orchestra is a fully professional ensemble and organization dedicated to performing concerts that enrich, educate and entertain. Under the direction of Gerhardt Zimmermann, the orchestra performs classical, pops, holiday, and educational programs. Most performances are in Umstattd Performing Arts Hall at the Zimmermann Symphony Center 2331 17th Street NW, Canton, Ohio (adjacent to McKinley High School). Find out more about the Canton Symphony Orchestra and see their 2019-2020 MasterWorks.