Visit Canton Mission Statement: To Attract and Engage Visitors, Serve and Educate Regional Tourism Partners, and to Generate Economic Development through Travel and Tourism Development.
VisitCanton.com Profile Listings & Event Calendar Policy
IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME SUBMITTING AN EVENT TO THE VISIT CANTON CALENDAR OF EVENTS? Please read the below guidelines to make sure your event qualifies for the Visit Canton Calendar of Events. If it does, please contact Laura Perry Felberg (firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.454.1439 Ext. 104) to get your profile set-up to submit!
VisitCanton.com Profile Listings & Event Calendar Guidelines:
Our goal is to provide information for visitors on fun and exciting things to do while traveling to Stark County. Visit Canton reserves the right to determine eligibility for inclusion on VisitCanton.com with consideration given to the ability of the event to generate an overnight lodging stay. The site is not intended to serve as a community calendar for events primarily of interest to a local audience. Approval/rejection of all submissions is at the discretion of Visit Canton, which reserves the right to edit or refuse any listing at any time.
Please remember that these are only guidelines. Please contact us directly with any questions or concerns, and we would be happy to provide additional guidance. Please contact Marketing Coordinator, Allison Rowe (email@example.com or 330.454.1439 Ext. 106)
Attraction Listing or Event Calendar Listing: For each listing, partners will receive a login and will be responsible for managing and updating their individual listing in adherence with the stated policies below. Any listing on VisitCanton.com may be revised or updated at the discretion of Visit Canton: Stark County Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Editorial Content: From time to time, Visit Canton will develop content for VisitCanton.com that helps tell the destination story to visitors, pitch to media or showcase our destination for a social promotion. In most instances, Visit Canton will link its editorial content to partner listing pages on VisitCanton.com. These editorial pieces are written at the discretion of a Visit Canton employee or a guest author as distinguished and seen fit by Visit Canton.
What can I submit to the VisitCanton.com event calendar?
- Prominent events open to the general public and actively marketed to audiences outside of the greater Stark County area
- Events showcasing a community’s unique character, history or heritage
- Performances, live music, theatre productions, and music festivals
- Exhibit openings and open houses of historic homes
- Holiday events that include activities of interest to visitors
- Ethnic festivals providing activities of interest to visitors
- Multi-day community festivals & county fairs that offer entertainment and activities that would interest a visitor
- Major and minor league sporting events, 5Ks, and Marathons (individual games or the season)
What does NOT qualify for the VisitCanton.com event calendar?
- Events that are NOT being held in Stark County
- Events closed to any segment of the general public for any reason
- Fundraisers – these include basket raffles, reverse raffles, or events that categorize themselves as a fundraiser in the main description without an entertainment element
- School or College events; student only events
- Pageants -- beauty pageants, competition pageants
- Coloring contests, photo contests, pie-eating contests etc.
- Church or worship services
- Family or class reunions; church bazaars, picnics and special events
- Retail sales, craft shows and yard sales that are not associated with a special tourism event
- Multi-week classes/workshops/summer camps
- Running or biking clubs that meet weekly or monthly
- Book club meetings, social club meetings, neighborhood gatherings, ice cream socials, etc.
- Private or members‐only events
- Events open only to home‐school students
- Civic, club and community meetings, conferences and activities (Please reach out about the Industry Partner Calendar for these event listings)