Cultural Tourism Grant applications will be open from January 19-February 21, 2022, and June 1-July 1, 2022. Applicants can apply for up to $20,000 per qualifying project.
Cultural Tourism Grants
Visit Canton in partnership with ArtsinStark will award Cultural Tourism Grants up to $20,000 to each approved marketing or event initiative. Grants will be awarded for the purpose of generating increased visitation and economic impact for the region through the support of arts and culture events and marketing initiatives. The initiatives must encompass visual arts, museums, performing arts, theaters, attractions, authentic historic and cultural places, and events to encounter traditions, history, music, and art.
Have application questions or want to know if your project qualifies for the Cultural Tourism Grants? Click here to contact Allison Gromofsky, Promotions & Grants Manager
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2022 CULTURAL TOURISM GRANTS
- Grant Cycle 1 Applications
- January 19, 2022 | Cycle 1 Applications Open
- February 21, 2022 | Cycle 1 Grant Submissions are due by 11:59 PM
- February 28, 2022 | Announcement of Awarded Funds
- Grant Cycle 2 Applications
- June 1, 2022 | Cycle 2 Applications Open
- July 1, 2022 | Cycle 2 Grant Submissions are due by 11:59 PM
- July 15, 2022 | Announcement of Awarded Funds
Awarded grant dollars from Cycle 1 & Cycle 2 must be used by December 31, 2022
HOW DO I APPLY?
ONLINE APPLICATION OPENS JANUARY 19, 2022
CULTURAL TOURISM GRANTS OVERVIEW
FAST FACTS & GRANT APPLICATION CRITERIA: Cultural Tourism Grants Criteria
- “Cultural tourism” is defined as marketing initiatives and events that encompass visual arts, museums, performing arts, theaters, attractions, authentic historic and cultural places, and events to encounter traditions, history, music and art.
- Applicants can apply for Cultural Tourism Grants up to $20,000, per requested project.
- Applicants MAY apply for grant dollars during both cycles and for multiple projects per cycle.
- Industry partners are encouraged to work together to create collaborative events, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Cultural Tourism Grants can support promotional expenses including email marketing campaigns, magazines, newspapers, radio, TV, internet, direct mail, PR/media kits and billboards, etc.
- Applications must be submitted and approved each year for funding, with no recurring funding available.
- If the grant project is a pre-existing marketing campaign or special event, grant funds must be used toward adding or enhancing arts and culture experiences, targeting a new geographic or demographic audience, or advertising in a new medium, AND be based on the potential to increase visitation and/or event attendance. The Cultural Tourism Grant funding may be used to reimburse or cover new advertising or operational costs only and may not offset costs of current advertising buys or operational costs. Grant applications for existing events or campaigns must include attendance from previous years.
- Marketing and advertising expenses submitted for grant consideration must target at least a 40% out-of-county audience.
- PERMITTED: Campaigns targeting the Cleveland DMA including Stark County.
- PERMITTED: Ad buys with local media partners that have distribution/listenership/viewership consisting of at least a 40% audience from outside of Stark County.
- NOT PERMITTED: Ad buys targeted only to cities/locations/audiences within Stark County.
- Cultural Tourism Grants may not reimburse or cover: operational costs for staff salaries, insurance, food/alcohol, or signage that is not used for sales or marketing efforts.
- Grant projects must not be solely dependent on the Cultural Tourism Grant funds. It is recommended that the grant amount requested not constitute more than 50% of the total project budget.
- Initiatives completed using Cultural Tourism Grant funds must acknowledge such financial support by including the Visit Canton and ArtsinStark logo on marketing materials, website landing pages, signage at events, event programs, etc. and access to ArtsinStark and Visit Canton provide information to visitors at events.
- Cultural Tourism Grant funding will be provided through reimbursement based on the submittal of receipted vouchers or invoices of expenses. 70% will be distributed prior to the final evaluation report and the remaining 30% will be released by Visit Canton after the submission of a final evaluation report by the recipient organization including:
- A detailed summary of all expenditures and how all Cultural Tourism Grant funds were invested, including, but not limited to work orders, invoices, and receipts will be required with the final evaluation report.
- A detailed return on investment report that tracks visitation numbers, location of visitors, economic impact to the recipient organization, and estimated impact to the Stark County community will be required with the final evaluation report.
- The final evaluation form will be provided for the grantee to submit upon completion of their event or marketing campaign. The grantee has 30 days to remit a completed report. Should the Committee need any additional information, the grantee will have 10 business days to submit the additional data requested. Should the grantee not remit a completed report or the additional requested data the remaining 30% grant allocation will be forfeited. This forfeiture will also be considered in judging future Cultural Tourism Grant applications from the grantee.