Applications are CLOSED for 2020 Community Partnership Grant Applications.
Community Partnership Grant Program
Visit Canton in partnership with Arts in Stark will award Community Partnership Grants up to $10,000 to each approved marketing or event initiative. Grants will be awarded for the purpose of generating increased visitation and economic impact for the region through the support of arts & culture events and marketing initiatives. The initiatives must encompass authentic historic and cultural places and attractions, traditions, history, music or art.
FAST FACTS & CRITERIA: Community grant criteria
ONLINE APPLICATION: CLOSED
TYPES OF GRANTS
Event must be a project beyond the scope of daily operations.
- Event must be open to the public and have broad appeal that would interest guests from outside the Stark County region.
- Grant Project must not be solely dependent on the Community Partnership Grant funding.
- If the Grant Project is a pre-existing special event, the event must target a new geographic market, new demographic audience or advertising placed in a new medium, based on potential to increase event attendance.
- The Community Partnership Grant funding may be used to reimburse or cover new advertising or operational costs only and may not offset costs of current advertising buys or operational costs.
- Subsequent year requests for such event must include attendance from previous years.
Community Marketing Campaign:
- Marketing initiative must represent multiple partners working together to sell a destination as a whole.
- Marketing purchases supported by Community Partnership Grants must be targeted to audiences outside of Stark County.
- Campaign must have a measurable call to action.
FOLLOW UP REQUIREMENTS
- If awarded grant dollars, final evaluation forms must be submitted upon completion of event or marketing campaign. The grantee has 30 days to remit a completed report. Should the Committee need any additional information, the grantee will have 10 business days to submit the additional data requested.
- Should the grantee not remit a completed report, or the additional requested data in the aforementioned perimeters, the remaining 30% grant allocation will be forfeited and it will be notated on the grantee’s profile. This forfeiture will also be considered in judging future Community Grant Partnership applications from the grantee.
- HOW TO REPORT DIGITAL MARKETING DETAILS: Required details for all digital marketing reporting
- MARKETING CAMPAIGN GRANT FOLLOW UP FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/xjpWpqTegEX4u2Ox1
- EVENT GRANT FOLLOW UP FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/C70rCh7fT44a5acx1
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Applications for 2020 Events and Marketing Campaigns are now closed. The application period for 2021 Grants will be September 9, 2020 - October 30, 2020.
Application Questions: Click Here to contact Laura Felberg