Community Partnership Grant Applications are currently closed.
Community Partnership Grant Program
Visit Canton in partnership with Arts in Stark will award Community Partnership Grants up to $10,000 to each approved marketing or event initiative. Grants will be awarded for the purpose of generating increased visitation and economic impact for the region through the support of arts & culture events and marketing initiatives. The initiatives must encompass authentic historic and cultural places and attractions, traditions, history, music or art.
FAST FACTS & CRITERIA: Community grant criteria
ONLINE APPLICATION: CLOSED
TYPES OF GRANTS
Event must be a project beyond the scope of daily operations.
- Event must be open to the public and have broad appeal that would interest guests from outside the Stark County region.
- Grant Project must not be solely dependent on the Community Partnership Grant funding.
- If the Grant Project is a pre-existing special event, the event must target a new geographic market, new demographic audience or advertising placed in a new medium, based on potential to increase event attendance.
- The Community Partnership Grant funding may be used to reimburse or cover new advertising or operational costs only and may not offset costs of current advertising buys or operational costs.
- Subsequent year requests for such event must include attendance from previous years.
Community Marketing Campaign:
- Marketing initiative must represent multiple partners working together to sell a destination as a whole.
- Marketing purchases supported by Community Partnership Grants must be targeted to audiences outside of Stark County.
- Campaign must have a measurable call to action.
FOLLOW UP REQUIREMENTS
- If awarded grant dollars, final evaluation forms must be submitted upon completion of event or marketing campaign. The grantee has 30 days to remit a completed report. Should the Committee need any additional information, the grantee will have 10 business days to submit the additional data requested.
- Should the grantee not remit a completed report, or the additional requested data in the aforementioned perimeters, the remaining 30% grant allocation will be forfeited and it will be notated on the grantee’s profile. This forfeiture will also be considered in judging future Community Grant Partnership applications from the grantee.
- HOW TO REPORT DIGITAL MARKETING DETAILS: Required details for all digital marketing reporting
- MARKETING CAMPAIGN GRANT FOLLOW UP FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/xjpWpqTegEX4u2Ox1
- EVENT GRANT FOLLOW UP FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/C70rCh7fT44a5acx1
HOW DO I APPLY?
Visit Canton’s budget and grant fund is based on hotel lodging tax collection. As the travel economy was significantly impacted by COVID-19, Visit Canton’s 2020 budget was also significantly reduced. Despite the cuts to our overall 2020 budget, we maintained the pre-existing level of grant support for 2020 grant recipients, and grantees now have through 2021 to fulfill their grant obligations. At this time, there will not be any additional applications for 2021. We will continue to evaluate our ability to open an additional round of grant applications in 2021. That opportunity will be based on how the travel economy recovers throughout 2021.
Application Questions: Click Here to contact Laura Felberg