The Old Stone Chapel, one of downtown Canton’s most historic wedding venues, was built back in 1886 and currently resides on the National Register of Historic Places, a designation it received in 1985. The building was designed by famed architect Guy Tildenand formerly housed the congregation of Trinity Lutheran Church. That congregation merged with another in 2011 and the church was desanctified at that time. The building retains all of the glorious architecture and religious artifactery just as it did when the building was a functioning church. Visitors often comment on the distinctive vaulted and flowered ceilings, gorgeous stained glass windows and polished stone paths. The exterior is composed of hand-chiseled sandstone quarried from Massillon and is well-known for its bright red doors and motto inscribed above the windows.