Stay & Play Packages
GolfMore Info >
Related Blog Posts
02/16/2021 12:26PM CST
February 16, 2021 – Warmer days are ahead, and its time to start planning for affordable Spring Break fun to do lots of activities with family and friends! Having fun doesn't mean that you have to break the bank -- so explore some of these activities.Read More
02/24/2021 7:44AM CST
February 2021-It’s almost the summer, which means you will be traveling with your kids! Not only will your kids love these restaurants, but so will your wallet!Read More
Looking for an affordable, fun family vacation destination? Find things to do with the kids whether that be spring break or a just a weekend getaway with the family in Canton, Ohio.
In-Your Own Backyard Adventures
Who said that you needed to travel far this Spring Break to explore some of the most popular activities, without having to break the bank or put miles on your car to travel far!
- Want to feel like you are on vacation without having to travel too far from home? Dive into the Massillon Aquatics Center inside of the Massillon Recreation Center to swim. The two-lane lap pool, a lazy river, a multi-purpose/splashdown pool, a dry sauna, and two 19-ft high water slides make for one great family fun day. Day Passes are available for just $8 per person and you can make a reservation to swim 24 hours in advance by calling 330.832.1621.
- Mad Dogs and Crazy Cats is a unique pet boutique in Alliance, OH which features a jungle themed playroom and outdoor 'catio' where visitors can play and lounge with resident cats. Kids will love coming to play with and pet friendly and loving felines in the jungle room, an immersive play area designed to make you feel like you are in the tropical rainforest.
- Want to get away for the night? Enjoy Downtown Canton with accommodations at the brand new DoubleTree by Hilton. Enjoy Standard King or Double rooms for just $69. Plus, enjoy the luxury pool with reservations just for you and your family.
Make & Take Activities
Don't have to travel far from home this year, to explore new activities that allow you to showcase your creative talents. Now is the time to try something new and get out to explore these businesses that are offering safe, in-person actvities and options for virtual at-home activities.
- Let loose and bring out your creativity at Hot Pots Pottery in Alliance, where you can create a numerous variety of projects. They offer hands-on fun for everyone with projects including pottery painting, boardroom signs, canvas painting, mosaics, string art, glass fushion, glass painting, candle making, and pottery wheels. Whether you have expereince or not, the Hot Pots staff is always there for step-by-step assistance when creating your masterpiece. Best part, walk-ins are always welcome!
- Who wouldn't want to design their own chocolate bar? The Creation Station at Chocolate Creations gives you full customization -- choose from 18 different ingredients and send it down the cooling tunnel to complete your own bar. Start by picking your favorite flavor chocolate from milk and dark, add custom ingredients including nuts, dried fruits, and other special inclusions.
- Downtown Canton is a hot spot for Make & Take Activities that kids (or kids at heart will enjoy) participating in. During a private workshop at Boomdyada, guests create a beautiful, colorful succulent arrangement in open-sided glass globes or other containers. After planting, your creation can be landscaped with a variety of sands, gravels and mosses. Schedule a class for a group of families and friends.
Games & Challenges
Yes, your Spring Break is going to be filled with all fun and games!
- Have no “Clue” what to do with your kids? Check out Milestone - A Board Game Bar, the brand-new board game café in Downtown Canton. With over a hundred Board Games to choose from, gourmet hot dogs, plus a full bar for the adults, the competition between the family will continue all day. Admission is just $5 for unlimited game play?
- Do you love solving puzzles? Do you wish you were a real-life Sherlock Holmes? Escape Room Downtown is the perfect family-fun activity for you! Choose your destiny in various themed rooms and get into the action. From discovering secrets to robbing a gallery, find the hidden clues to crack the case and escape before time runs out!
- North Canton Skate & Entertainment Center has a roller skating rink complete with a DJ and blacklights, and they now also have bumper cars, a rock-climbing wall, laser tag, euro bungee, arcade games, and more!
- Want to show your kids how you spent time on your Spring Break? Head to Rack It Up Arcade for classic arcade games, pinball, and pool tables. Kids will love playing Pac-Man to Donkey Kong and best part -- arcade games start at just .50 cents, so bring your quarters!
Must See Museums
Stark County is home to several world-class museums and many of them are open to visitors with advanced reservations and timed ticketing.
- A must do Stark County museum, the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum, presenting a combination of presidential history, local history, and hands-on fun. Step back in time as you walk through the Street of Shops, a life-size replica historic town complete with blacksmith shop, dentist office, and even a real fire pole to slide down in the fire station. In Discover World, the hands-on interactive science center, encounter an authentic mastodon skeleton that was discovered during an excavation for an apartment building in Canton, among other activities like Ecology Island and Fascination Station. Be greeted by President McKinley and his wife in the McKinley Gallery where the largest collection of McKinley artifacts chronicles the life and career of our 25th president, and walk the 108 steps to the top of the McKinley Presidential Monument to pay homage at McKinley’s final resting place.
- You don't have to break the bank to when planning your Spring Break Trip! The Massillon Museum is ALWAYS free admission and offers Virtual Do The Mu! activities the first Saturday of the month. Enjoy Free Thursdays at the Canton Museum of Art, where the museum is open extended hours from 10AM until 8PM.
- See the Guinness World Record troll doll collection (that’s 3,254 to be exact!) and enjoy a guided tour that will walk you through the history and folklore of trolls from mythology to the modern toy in a unique setting of artistic displays and exhibits. The Troll Hole Museum is playground for the imagination where over 10,000 trolls live and are displayed in a setting of waterfalls and grottoes.
- No trip to Canton is complete without a visit to the Pro Football Hall of Fame! A truly exhilarating museum and exhibition center, the Pro Football Hall of Fame is the ultimate destination for fans and families.
In times of social distancing and many people feeling Cabin Fever, it is important that you get your household outside to breathe in the fresh air, engage in physical activity, and unplug. Explore Seasonal Outdoor Recreation ideas and enjoy Ohio spring weather.
- Did you know that you can enjoy 25 miles of the iconic Ohio & Erie Towpath Trail in Stark Parks? Begin your hiking, biking, horseback riding, walking, running at one of 14 trailheads.The Stark County section is part of the 110-mile Ohio & Erie Canalway National Heritage Area traveling through Canal Fulton, Massillon, and the Village of Navarre. Don't miss out on the all of the sweet treats and local restaurant stops along the trail as well!
- Discover outdoor family fun and awaken your senses as you wander through the enchanted gardens at Beech Creek Gardens! Easily practice social distancing with a variety of fun and unique outdoor activities for the whole family to enjoy! Includes a 2-acre nature playground, butterfly sanctuary (opening in May), botanical gardens, hiking trails, picnic area, and seasonal special events.
- 2021 marks the 16th season for the Walborn Eagle Nest. The nest has produced 25 eaglets over the past 15 years and Stark Parks is hopeful for another good year. Observation Deck that is provided at 13600 Marlboro Ave. NE, Alliance.