Welcome to the STAR Program!
STAR Frontline Training
STAR 2018 Student Applications have been closed. We have a great class of 30 students this year!
STAR PROGRAM INFORMATION
The Stark County Convention and Visitors' Bureau is excited to offer the STAR Frontline Training Program, which stands for Stark Tourism Ambassador Recognition. This program is FREE for students and designed to educate frontline employees, special event volunteers, museum docents, interns, and new employees in the tourism sector. Our goal is to strengthen our partnerships between tourism venues, and drive traffic to locally owned businesses and tourism destinations in Stark County. Your employees will get an in-depth look at the tourism assets of Stark County and learn more about their significant role in the tourism industry!
Who is the audience we want to participate in this curriculum?
- Hotel and attraction frontline staff
- New sales staff at hotels and attractions
- Volunteers for events, museum docents, and interns
- Any new employee in the Stark tourism sector
What will STAR Students will learn?
- Customer Service best practices.
- What is tourism and what does it mean to Stark County - bed tax, economic impact, tourism trends, etc.
- What is a Convention & Visitors Bureau? Learn more about what we do and how we promote Stark County as a tourist destination!
- General overview of Attractions, Restaurants, Cultural Institutions and Events in the region.
- How their knowledge makes a difference, understanding how to answer questions and where to quickly find information.
- Visit first hand some of our major tourist destinations!
- Students will experience a walking tour of the Canton Arts District!
- Students can participate in the optional Frontline Staff Trade Show aboard the Nautica Queen in Cleveland, featuring attractions from all over Northeast Ohio!
What will the student receive for participating in the class?
- The student will receive a certificate and a STAR recognition pin to wear on their uniform.
- Students will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of destinations including exclusive offers created for our STAR students.
- The program is FREE, and although not mandatory, we do encourage employers to compensate their staff for their time during the five (5) hours it takes to complete both sessions.