The Canal Fulton Canalway Center is a visitor and information center, located in northwestern Stark County along the Ohio and Erie…
Category: Holiday Activities
Christmas on the Canal
Sorry, this event has already happened!
Location: Downtown Canal Fulton
Time: 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM
125 Tuscarawas Street
Canal Fulton, Ohio
Name: Erin Bigelow
Phone: 330-854-2225 X 111
Stroll the streets of historic downtown Canal Fulton in celebration of the holiday season.
Every year on the first Saturday in December, Historic Canal Fulton welcomes visitors and members of the community to stroll the streets of the downtown area in celebration of the holiday season. The blocked off streets allow space for the wood and ice carvers, carolers and wagon rides. Make sure to visit with Santa and meet Mrs. Oberlin for tours of the Oberlin House and Olde Canal Days Museum. Area merchants are open late to offer special discounts, refreshments, entertainment and more. Once the sun downs down, enjoy the electric lights parade and tree lighting ceremony.
5K Race -- Hosted by Canal Fulton Chamber of Commerce. Registration is $40 and can be done online today! Registration starting at 8AM morning of race.
Beginning at 1:00PM-5:00PM
- Wood Carving and Glassblowing Demos @ Canal Fulton Glassworks (215 Market St. W)
- Ice Carving Demo plus specials in tearoom & Gift Shop @ Dragonfly Tearoom (116 Canal St. S)
- Ice Carving Demo sponsored by Clay's Park Resort @ Public Square (129 Canal St. N)
- Craft & Cookie Decorating and Petsmart Meet-n-Greets @ Here for You Child Development (250 Canal St.)
- Hot Refreshments for sale PLUS sign-up for a powered-sugar donut eating contest (limit to first 20 participants) hosted by Peace, Love & Little Donuts (Corner of Canal St. and Rt. 93)
- Live Music @ Speakeasy Coffee Shop (28 Canal St. N)
- Pizza available for purchase from East of Chicago (Corner of Canal St. and Rt. 93)
- Refreshments, Children's Book Signing, Clare Bear, PLUS every shopper will receive a ticket for a chance to win a "Handmade Steiff Bear" @ Keillor's Teddy Bear Shoppe (117 N. Canal St.)
- Visits with Santa @ Canal Fulton Public Library (154 Market St. E)
- Free Tours of the Olde Canal Days Museum (125 Tuscarawas St.)
- Free Oberlin House Tours at 3:00PM (225 Cherry St. E)
- Ice Carving @ Canal Fulton Glassworks (215 Market St. W)
- Live Music with Dale Click @ Canal Spirits Craft Distillery from 2:30PM-5:30PM (103 S. Canal St.)
- Ice Carver plus homemade cookies & refreshments and storewide holiday sale @ The Toys Time Forgot (137 Cherry St. E)
- Step off for Electric Lights Parade traveling down Canal Street sponsored by Bell Stores, MCTV, and Discover Canal Fulton
- Carolers followed by the lighting of the tree -- Public Square