H2 Huth & Harris Wine Merchants & Restaurant
H2 Huth & Harris Wine Merchants serves contemporary american cuisine, offers an extensive wine & bourbons collection, craft beers & a warm ambiance to share with friends and family. H2 is located in a three-story Italianate structure built in a burgeoning commercial district in 1872. It was owned an operated by Peter Shears of Switzerland and his wife Elizabeth Elsass of France. Peter Shear and various members of his family lived on the second floor until his death in 1903. The third floor was used as a meeting hall in the earlier years. The third floor was used a a meeting hall in th earlier years for organizations such as the Fraternal Order of the Bears and the Knights of Malta. The first floor and the basement has housed a multitude of commercial endeavors, ranging from Gent't Furnishing, Millinery, Notions to Druggist, Grocers, and Liquor stores.
Located on the main East-West thoroughfare in Stark County, later part of Lincoln Highway, the Shear Block has witnessed much of the city's history, including President McKinley's funeral processions in 1901.
After falling on hard times in the latter half of the 20th century, the buildings restoration commended in 1993. It was completed in 1999. In 2001 Peter Shears the restaurant was opened it operated until 2009. In 2017 Huth and Harris purchased the building and opened a restaurant that features and extensive list of Bourbons, Wines and Beers.